Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

downloaded a virus trojan, notescan, connects to internet automatically

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 melissa5250

melissa5250

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:52 PM

My son loaded divx player/movies/something. i have frontiernet, phone line is always connected, but used to have to click on icon to open internet explorer. since he did the download, when pc is on, automatically connects to internet, gives me a white screen, says something like
c:/notescan......

screen shows lots of words, not protected, trojan, spyware, download this, need to correct this, click on this

but pc is frozen, have to to ctrl/alt/delete to get to task manager, open task manager, see many many open/running

c:/notescan.....

try to end task, this doesn't work by the time i try and end the first few, it has already created more

i tried to do system restore, but it gives me a date after he installed the divx crap. i tried to create a date? didn't work. he installed it may 12, system restore oldest date is may 17

need to go back to may 1

how do i do this

i can "uninstall" the divx crap, but it still doesn't help

i try to uninstall files/folders that were created after the may 17 date, but the remove/uninstall button is not available

cant locate the c/notescan anywhere on the computer to Uninstall this, dont know what to do

"friend" at work wants to charge me $60 to dump everything and reinstall windows vista, if this is the route i have to do, cant i do this myself and not have to pay someone,

only problem is i have a few files of kids pics i want to save and wouldnt know how if im dumping everything
please help

Edit: Moved topic from Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users