Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

jqsnotify.exe popup when opening firefox

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Roccoizm

Roccoizm

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:32 AM

Yes,

Whenever I open up mozilla firefox this pop-up appears: jqsnotify.exe-Entry Point Not Found.

Then beneath that it says The procedure entry point ??_V@YAXPAX@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll

What causes this?

How do I fix it?

Thankx

RD
www.beersoflegend.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:56 AM

jqsnotify.exe is the Java quick start signature. Do a search either here or Google and you will find a lot of info on why this is not needed. I personally have mine switched off. To do this double click on the Java shield symbol in Control panel and untick the box for jsq and also the box allowing it to start at start up. Your Java will still work but now it will be when needed rather than all the time most of which it has no need to be on anyway.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#3 Roccoizm

Roccoizm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:49 PM

Thanks bluesjunior that seemed to work!!

RD

#4 prinzesa

prinzesa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:36 AM

hi there it seems i can't solve this problem.. please help

#5 KHURRAM KHAN

KHURRAM KHAN

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:23 AM

hi there it seems i can't solve this problem.. please help

Hy
please follow the instruction to solve the problem, open firefox you can view a error dialog box that etc etc....file not found click ok

when firefox start
click on TOOLS MANU

CLICK ON AD-ONS
CLICK DISABLE ON JAVA QUICK STARTER & CLOSE THE WINDOW.
NOW START FIREFOX AGAIN..
THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN OKKKKKKKK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users