Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MY PC KEEPS ON RESTARTNG WIHTOUT SHOWING MY DESKTOP!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ellanskie***

ellanskie***

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:24 AM

i was browsing last night and i got sleepy so i turned off my PC. but before my PC turned off i pressed(hold down) the "ON" button(button that turns on the PC.. i dont know what its called ^_^) until it shuts down.. i was concern becaus the yellow light on my CPU still lits. next morning when i turned on my pc it keeps on restarting it only reached the screen where it says "LOADING UR PERSONAL SETTINGS" and then it restarts... i tryied using safe mode but same thing happened... then i used my other OS to try to access my drive C: i tried the ERROR CHECKING but nothing happened... please do help me i have very important files...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sunildev

Sunildev

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:38 PM

Ok, holding down the on button to shut down the pc is a bad thing. Its a forced shutdown, hence it could corrupt the filesystem, and prevent windows from booting.. perhaps even lead to drive problems because of sudden power loss. Now, you can perform certain little tasks that might be able to help in the former two situations.

1: Perhaps its possible to get into safe mode:

As soon as you start up your pc and after the post screen has gone by, hit f8. Select safe mode, and after it has finished loading the various files, click yes. In the run box, type cmd. In the resulting window (command prompt), type chkdsk /f >C:\disklog.txt, this will run the check disk utility for you and create a nice little log file you can then post for us. If it says it will check after a reboot, just restart the pc and let it perform its task.

2: If no safe mode you can use the windows recovery console to perform the same task.

This is accessible either by installing it (which.. is pointless giving the failure of step 1) or using the windows xp cd. Insert said cd into the drive, ensure that the drive is set as the boot drive. Restart the pc, when prompted. Hit any key, wait for it to load files. and hit R when prompted.

In the next window let it load the language files, the default will do unless otherwise needed, Select the windows installation, but typing the associated number, typing the administrative password and logging in.

type chkdsk /f >C:\disklog.txt, this will run the check disk utility for you and create a nice little log file you can then post for us.

Let us know any developments.

Sunildev.
Sunildev.

#3 ellanskie***

ellanskie***
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:00 AM

i already knew the problem sir... its BAD_POOL_CALLER 0x000000c2 can u help me please>?

ill try ur first suggestion thnx

#4 ellanskie***

ellanskie***
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:59 AM

@SUNILDEV

boss where can i find this log that u were saying? thnx for helping

#5 Sunildev

Sunildev

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:27 AM

The file produced by the chkdsk utility would be stored on the c:\ drive as disklog.txt. But considering what youre now saying about the BAD_POOL_CALLER.. it refers to a bad driver/software (ref: http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm). Can you remember installing any new software/hardware? If safe mode works you can attempt to do a system restore. This is located in the accessories folder on the start menu under system.
Sunildev.

#6 ellanskie***

ellanskie***
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:51 PM

i remember installing bitcommet... but i guess its not harmfull... right? i have 2 partitions and i already uninstall bitcommet using the other partition but same thing happens i still get the same error...
i cant access safe mode T_T

#7 JJ2K

JJ2K

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:46 PM

When you system loads up if you press F8 not straight away after the splash logo and a list of options comes up.

If there is an option saying disable automatic restart try that.

#8 ellanskie***

ellanskie***
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:13 AM

i already tried that thats why i knew that BAD_POOL_CALLER is the problem....

i cant access safe mode, safe mode /w networking, last know good configuration. i can only access my pc using the second partition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users