Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to not connect through this?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Raith

Raith

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:52 PM

I don't remember what I did with the computer but SOMETIMES it would connect to BroadBand Connection. I have DSL and it's automatically connected without going into that hassle, and whenever it connects some websites will not load. What should I change in my properties? Thanks.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TallyHo

TallyHo

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:57 PM

hi.

"and whenever it connects some websites will not load"

browser?

you are still connected to internet ?

#3 Raith

Raith
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:10 PM

Yes, still connected, it would go through some Verizon thing (I am on DSL). Is there a way to not automatically connect to this? It doesn't when I startup, just randomly it does.

And I said websites, not browser.

Edited by Raith, 28 May 2009 - 11:12 PM.

#4 TallyHo

TallyHo

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:44 PM

Verison is your ISP.

which sites can't you log in to ?

don't post dodgy ones here though.

some sites still won't in load firefox. (very few)

have you checked firewall settings ?

Edited by TallyHo, 29 May 2009 - 12:37 AM.

#5 rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:07 AM

Most modems have a ip addy on the bottom, and then you go there and set up your connection so the modem logs you in automatically and its online even if you shut the computer off.
You may want to contact your internet provider(tech support), for specific help.

Edited by rosiesdad, 29 May 2009 - 06:07 AM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:12 AM

If you have DSL...it normally requires software to be installed which is provided by your ISP (Verizon). This should be on a CD which they provided you.

If you are having connection problems, you may have to rerun that CD to properly set up the connection again.

It should be impossible for you to connect without such software...DSL does not work in the same manner that a cable connection would (no software required for a cable connection).

When in doubt, contact your ISP when problems occur..but I would try to solve it myself before doing such (if I were you).

Louis

#7 Raith

Raith
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:05 PM

TallyHo; I know Verizon is my ISP. It does not require for me to log into the broadband connection in that way. All websites load when I am not connected through the broadband connection, when it is connected through that (look at OP for picture, which is what it should be), it won't go to some, specifics? For example: d2jsp.org. It's not a dodgy post, you just don't understand perhaps. I just *never* want to connect to that, is there a way? I haven't touched my FW, I only turned it off(so I can host games).

hamluis; I did not use a CD to install, this haven't happened until I toyed with Outlook Express, not that it has anything to do with this, at least I hope not.

#8 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:17 AM

DSL is run through your phone lines and broadband is cable which is run through a cable. You should not have a broadband connection unless you are connected through a cable coming in from the wall and hooking up to your computer. Do you have one of those? If so, disconnect it. Have you tried deleting the broadband connection from your network? Are you using AOL? If so does this connection only take place when you are logged onto AOL? Do you have an Ethernet card installed on your computer? That is usually the case when PPPOE comes into place. It also sounds like maybe you set your Outlook to connect using this protocol

Edited by Stang777, 30 May 2009 - 07:26 AM.

#9 Raith

Raith
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

DSL is run through your phone lines and broadband is cable which is run through a cable. You should not have a broadband connection unless you are connected through a cable coming in from the wall and hooking up to your computer. Do you have one of those? If so, disconnect it. Have you tried deleting the broadband connection from your network? Are you using AOL? If so does this connection only take place when you are logged onto AOL? Do you have an Ethernet card installed on your computer? That is usually the case when PPPOE comes into place. It also sounds like maybe you set your Outlook to connect using this protocol

No, it's from a modem then to the wall jack, I'll tweak it since the responses I'm getting here are like o_O

#10 Raith

Raith
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

To people who still have this problem, I have Google'd it continuous and to my conclusion, it has to do with Internet Connections > Connection > Remove or "never dial up connection" and it should fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users