Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Security 2009/false Yahoo searches

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 coolblue72

coolblue72

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

So this SS2009 wouldn't let me open Spyware Dr. or Malwarebytes saying that each .exe was infected. It also wouldn't let me run the Add/Remove programs list or anything else from the Control Panel, saying everything was infected. I did some digging, deleted some of the SS2009 files, was finally able to get Spyware Dr. up again. I think I have most of this gone, but I'm still getting false searches from Yahoo and Google. Thanks!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:29 AM

Hello my name is Sempai and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

*We apologize for the delay. Forum have been busy.
*I want you to understand that I'm still in training. I will be working with my Coach so there's a possibility to have some delay between post.
*It is important not to make any further changes or run any other tools unless instructed to. This may hinder the cleaning of your machine.
*You must reply within 5 days otherwise this topic will be closed.

Your log will be analyze and I will instruct you what to do next as soon as possible.

Dex :thumbup2:

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

Member of UNITE (Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators) 

#3 coolblue72

coolblue72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:54 PM

No worries on the delay, I completely understand! Like I said, I'm pretty sure I have the really nasty stuff removed and the re-direct on yahoo and google searches keeps happening...just really annoying. Good luck with training!

#4 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:15 AM

Hello coolblue72,

1. Your log(s) show that you are using so called peer-to-peer or file-sharing programmes (bittorrent and Ares).

These programmes allow to share files between users as the name(s) suggest. In today's world the cyber crime has come to an enormous dimension and any means is used to infect personal computers to make use of their stored data or machine power for further propagation of the malware files. A popular means is the use of file-sharing tools as a tremendous amount of prospective victims can be reached through it.

It is therefore possible to be infected by downloading manipulated files via peer-to-peer tools and thus suggested to be used with intense care. Some further readings on this subject, along the included links, are as follows: "File-Sharing, otherwise known as Peer To Peer" and "Risks of File-Sharing Technology."

It is also important to note that sharing entertainment files and proprietary software infringes the copyright laws in many countries over the world and you are putting yourself at risk of being indicted through organisations watching over the rights of the authors of such files (i.e. the RIAA for music files, or the MPAA for movie files in the USA) or the authors of the files themselves.

Naturally there are also legal ways to use these services, such as downloading Linux distributions or office suites such as "Open Office."

2. Go to C:>Program Files>Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware>mbam.exe and rename mbam.exe to find.exe

• Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware by double clicking find.exe or the shortcut of mbam on your desktop.
  • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
  • Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

3. Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner

Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.

• The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

4. Download and run HijackThis
  • Click here to download HijackThis.
  • Click Download HijackThis Installer.
  • Save HJTInstall.exe to your Desktop.
  • Double click on the HJTInstall.exe icon to start the program.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis
  • After the final dialogue box it will launch HijackThis.
  • Click on the scan button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
  • Save the log on a location that you can easily remember.
Please post the following logs on your next reply:
  • HJT log
  • Mbam Log
  • Kaspersky Log
Thanks,

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

#5 coolblue72

coolblue72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:53 PM

Here is my HJT log. I couldn't get the Kaspersky Web Scanner to work for some reason. And for some reason I keep getting an access denied message when I try to open the txt log from Malwarebytes.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 1:40:33 PM, on 6/10/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16850)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ares] "C:\Program Files\Ares\Ares.exe" -h
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent] "C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe" --force_start_minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Orb] "C:\Program Files\Orb Networks\Orb\bin\OrbTray.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll/aimsearch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O16 - DPF: {0CCA191D-13A6-4E29-B746-314DEE697D83} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/Facebo...toUploader5.cab
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_2.3.0.97.cab
O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1006.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by134w.bay134.mail.live.com/mail/re...es/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {5C6698D9-7BE4-4122-8EC5-291D84DBD4A0} (Facebook Photo Uploader 4 Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/Facebo...toUploader3.cab
O16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/Facebo...otoUploader.cab
O16 - DPF: {745395C8-D0E1-4227-8586-624CA9A10A8D} - http://129.15.200.151/activex/AMC.cab
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
O23 - Service: Ares Chatroom server (AresChatServer) - Ares Development Group - C:\Program Files\Ares\chatServer.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (Bonjour Service) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (read only) (InCDsrvR) - Ahead Software AG - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Security Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
O23 - Service: ThreatFire - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\TFEngine\TFService.exe
O23 - Service: Windows Services (WinSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\

--
End of file - 6369 bytes

#6 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:02 AM

Hi,

Please ZIP the MBAM log for me and attach the zip file on your next reply.

1. Lets try to make some changes on your browser settings and see if online scan will work.

• Start Internet Explorer.
  • From the Internet Explorer Tools menu, choose Internet Options.
  • Click the Security tab, and then click the Internet icon.
  • Click the Custom Level button and verify the settings as follows:

• Under Download signed ActiveX controls, select Enable.
  • Under Download unsigned ActiveX controls, select Prompt.
  • Under Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe, select Prompt.
  • Under Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins, select Enable.
  • Under Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting, select Enable.
  • Select Medium (or a lower setting) from the Reset to drop-down list, click Reset, and then click Yes.

2. Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner

Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.

• The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

3. Reset your browser settings to the default after the online scan.
  • Start Internet Explorer.
  • From the Internet Explorer Tools menu, choose Internet Options.
  • Click the Security tab, and then click the Internet icon.
  • Then click the Reset all zones to default level (default setting is Medium-High).
  • Click Apply then Ok.

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif

#7 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:59 AM

Hi,

Are you still with me?

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif

#8 coolblue72

coolblue72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:39 AM

Still here! Sorry it's been a busy weekend! Okay, I was able to get the online scanner to work by reinstalling Java. For some reason the Malwarebytes database was a few months old...I guess I hadn't updated it in a while. Anyways, once I updated that, I was able to access the log file. I have Malwarebytes, Kaspersky and HJT logs all attached in txt format!

Cheers!
Matt

Attached Files

#9 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:23 PM

Hi again,

1. One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.

Please follow the next instructions if you decided that we do the cleaning process:

2. We need to execute an OTM script
  • Please download OTM by OldTimer and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Paste the following code under the Posted Image area. Do not include the word "Code".

:files
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\days\set.bat
    C:\Documents and Settings\Matt\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\H9KJY67T\load[1].php\
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lowsec
    :Reg
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
    "AntiVirusDisableNotify"=dword:00000000
    "UpdatesDisableNotify"=dword:00000000
  • Push the large Posted Image button.
  • OTM may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.
  • Copy/Paste the contents under the Posted Image line here in your next reply.
  • If you are unable to copy/paste from this window (as will be the case if the machine was rebooted), open Notepad (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Notepad), click File->Open, in the File Name box enter *.log and press the Enter key, navigate to the C:\_OTM\MovedFiles folder, and open the newest .log file present, and copy/paste the contents of that document back here in your next post.

3. Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.

• Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

Restart you computer and create a new DDS log. Post it on your next reply together with OTM log.

How's your computer now?

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif

#10 coolblue72

coolblue72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:08 PM

Here's the DDS, I had to zip the OTM file for some reason. Still getting false searches....

DDS (Ver_09-05-14.01) - NTFSx86
Run by Matt at 20:04:23.48 on Mon 06/15/2009
Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_13
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.1023.509 [GMT -6:00]

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k WudfServiceGroup
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Ares\Ares.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Matt\Desktop\dds.scr

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uSearchMigratedDefaultURL = hxxp://search.live.com/results.aspx?q={searchTerms}&src={referrer:source?}
uInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = iexplore
BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper: {9030d464-4c02-4abf-8ecc-5164760863c6} - c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class: {e7e6f031-17ce-4c07-bc86-eabfe594f69c} - c:\program files\java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
TB: {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - No File
EB: {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - No File
EB: Real.com: {fe54fa40-d68c-11d2-98fa-00c0f0318afe} - c:\windows\system32\Shdocvw.dll
EB: {32683183-48a0-441b-a342-7c2a440a9478} - No File
uRun: [ares] "c:\program files\ares\Ares.exe" -h
uRun: [BitTorrent] "c:\program files\bittorrent\bittorrent.exe" --force_start_minimized
uRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
uRun: [Orb] "c:\program files\orb networks\orb\bin\OrbTray.exe" /background
uRun: [msnmsgr] "c:\program files\windows live\messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
mRun: [MCUpdateExe] c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\adober~1.lnk - c:\program files\adobe\acrobat 7.0\reader\reader_sl.exe
IE: &AIM Search - c:\program files\aim toolbar\AIMBar.dll/aimsearch.htm
IE: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - c:\progra~1\micros~4\office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
IE: {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - {48E73304-E1D6-4330-914C-F5F514E3486C} - c:\progra~1\micros~4\office12\ONBttnIE.dll
IE: {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - {A1EDC4A1-940F-48E0-8DFD-E38F1D501021} - c:\progra~1\spywar~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
IE: {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - {FF059E31-CC5A-4E2E-BF3B-96E929D65503} - c:\progra~1\micros~4\office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
IE: {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - {FE54FA40-D68C-11d2-98FA-00C0F0318AFE} - c:\windows\system32\Shdocvw.dll
LSP: c:\program files\common files\pc tools\lsp\PCTLsp.dll
Trusted Zone: musicmatch.com\online
DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} - hxxp://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
DPF: {0CCA191D-13A6-4E29-B746-314DEE697D83} - hxxp://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader5.cab
DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} - hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab
DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} - hxxp://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_2.3.0.97.cab
DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} - hxxp://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1006.cab
DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} - hxxp://by134w.bay134.mail.live.com/mail/resources/MsnPUpld.cab
DPF: {5C6698D9-7BE4-4122-8EC5-291D84DBD4A0} - hxxp://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader3.cab
DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} - hxxp://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader.cab
DPF: {745395C8-D0E1-4227-8586-624CA9A10A8D} - hxxp://129.15.200.151/activex/AMC.cab
DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_13-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {8FFBE65D-2C9C-4669-84BD-5829DC0B603C} - hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/ultrashim.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0011-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.5.0/jinstall-1_5_0_11-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0005-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_05-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0013-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_13-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} - hxxp://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_13-windows-i586.cab
DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} - hxxp://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
Handler: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
Notify: AtiExtEvent - Ati2evxx.dll
SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - c:\windows\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
SEH: Groove GFS Stub Execution Hook: {b5a7f190-dda6-4420-b3ba-52453494e6cd} - c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll

================= FIREFOX ===================

FF - ProfilePath - c:\docume~1\matt\applic~1\mozilla\firefox\profiles\u4cisu7m.default\
FF - prefs.js: browser.startup.homepage - www.msn.com
FF - plugin: c:\documents and settings\matt\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\u4cisu7m.default\extensions\moveplayer@movenetworks.com\platform\winnt_x86-msvc\plugins\npmnqmp071301000019.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\mozilla firefox\plugins\npbittorrent.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\mozilla firefox\plugins\npmozax.dll
FF - plugin: c:\program files\viewpoint\viewpoint media player\npViewpoint.dll

---- FIREFOX POLICIES ----
FF - user.js: yahoo.homepage.dontask - true
============= SERVICES / DRIVERS ===============

R0 fwcore;fwcore;c:\windows\system32\drivers\fwcore.sys [2005-1-9 95894]
R0 PCTCore;PCTools KDS;c:\windows\system32\drivers\PCTCore.sys [2009-5-14 130936]
R0 TfFsMon;TfFsMon;c:\windows\system32\drivers\TfFsMon.sys [2009-5-14 51488]
R0 TfSysMon;TfSysMon;c:\windows\system32\drivers\TfSysMon.sys [2009-5-14 39200]
R1 pctgntdi;pctgntdi;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pctgntdi.sys [2009-5-14 159600]
R2 McDetect.exe;McAfee WSC Integration;c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\Mcdetect.exe [2005-11-22 126976]
R2 McTskshd.exe;McAfee Task Scheduler;c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe [2005-11-22 122368]
R3 DCamUSBVeo532;Veo Web Camera;c:\windows\system32\drivers\ubVeo532.sys [2005-1-21 95232]
S1 wadv11ntt;wadv11ntt;c:\windows\system32\drivers\wadv11ntt.sys --> c:\windows\system32\drivers\wadv11ntt.sys [?]
S2 WinSrv;Windows Services;"" --> [?]
S3 ADM8511;ADMtek ADM8511/AN986 USB To Fast Ethernet Converter;c:\windows\system32\drivers\ADM8511.SYS [2004-5-10 20160]
S3 CDAVFS;CDAVFS;c:\windows\system32\drivers\CDAVFS.sys [2008-12-24 67424]
S3 mcupdmgr.exe;McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager;c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdmgr.exe [2004-9-19 245760]
S3 pctplsg;pctplsg;c:\windows\system32\drivers\pctplsg.sys [2009-5-14 64392]
S3 sdAuxService;PC Tools Auxiliary Service;c:\program files\spyware doctor\pctsAuxs.exe [2008-2-2 348752]
S3 sdCoreService;PC Tools Security Service;c:\program files\spyware doctor\pctsSvc.exe [2008-2-2 1095560]
S3 ThreatFire;ThreatFire;c:\program files\spyware doctor\tfengine\tfservice.exe service --> c:\program files\spyware doctor\tfengine\TFService.exe service [?]
S4 FWService;FWService;c:\program files\acceleration software\stopsignproducts\firewall\fwservice.exe -startup -service --> c:\program files\acceleration software\stopsignproducts\firewall\fwservice.exe -startup -Service [?]

=============== Created Last 30 ================

2009-06-15 17:08 <DIR> --d----- C:\_OTM
2009-06-10 16:12 <DIR> --d----- c:\docume~1\alluse~1\applic~1\13209534
2009-05-28 16:01 154,624 a------- c:\windows\PEV.exe
2009-05-20 17:39 82,944 ac------ c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ws2_32.dll

==================== Find3M ====================

2009-05-26 13:20 40,160 a------- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
2009-05-26 13:19 19,096 a------- c:\windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
2009-05-07 09:44 344,064 a------- c:\windows\system32\localspl.dll
2009-04-28 22:56 827,392 a------- c:\windows\system32\wininet.dll
2009-04-28 22:55 78,336 a------- c:\windows\system32\ieencode.dll
2009-04-17 03:58 1,846,656 a------- c:\windows\system32\win32k.sys
2009-04-15 09:11 584,192 a------- c:\windows\system32\rpcrt4.dll
2007-02-20 02:01 57,712 ac------ c:\docume~1\matt\applic~1\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT
2005-01-21 21:59 560 ac------ c:\docume~1\matt\applic~1\ViewerApp.dat
2005-02-15 18:38 56 ---shr-- c:\windows\system32\DCEDAE90C1.sys
2008-06-17 15:30 11,690 a--sh--- c:\windows\system32\KGyGaAvL.sys

============= FINISH: 20:05:17.92 ===============

Attached Files

• Attached File  otm.zip   437bytes   2 downloads

#11 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:42 PM

Hi coolblue72.

Sorry for the delay.

We need to execute an OTM script
  • Double click the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Paste the following code under the Posted Image area. Do not include the word "Code".

:services
    wadv11ntt

:files
    c:\windows\system32\drivers\wadv11ntt.sys
    c:\docume~1\alluse~1\applic~1\13209534

:Reg
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
    "{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}"=-
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars]
    "{4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD}"=-
    "{32683183-48a0-441b-a342-7c2a440a9478}"=-
  • Push the large Posted Image button.
  • OTM may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.
  • Copy/Paste the contents under the Posted Image line here in your next reply.
  • If you are unable to copy/paste from this window (as will be the case if the machine was rebooted), open Notepad (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Notepad), click File->Open, in the File Name box enter *.log and press the Enter key, navigate to the C:\_OTM\MovedFiles folder, and open the newest .log file present, and copy/paste the contents of that document back here in your next post.
How's your computer now?

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif

#12 coolblue72

coolblue72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:03 AM

Here's the new OTM log....still getting false pages, less, but they're still there.

========== SERVICES/DRIVERS ==========

Service\Driver wadv11ntt deleted successfully.
========== FILES ==========
File/Folder c:\windows\system32\drivers\wadv11ntt.sys not found.
c:\docume~1\alluse~1\applic~1\13209534 moved successfully.
========== REGISTRY ==========
Registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\\{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} not found.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88}\ not found.
Registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\\{4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} not found.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD}\ not found.
Registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\\{32683183-48a0-441b-a342-7c2a440a9478} not found.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{32683183-48a0-441b-a342-7c2a440a9478}\ not found.

OTM by OldTimer - Version 2.1.0.1 log created on 06172009_015823

#13 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:53 AM

Hi,

Can you please tell me what exactly the pages that you are getting. What is your web browser?

We need to download and run ComboFix (by sUBs)

Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

• Temporary disable your anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Close any open windows, including this one.
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.
Posted Image
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note**:

*If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.
*The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you
should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

• Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
Posted Image
  • Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).
Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.
ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.

Note: Please Do NOT mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may call it to stall.

Warning!

This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use.
ComboFix SHOULD NOT be used unless requested by a forum helper, *** If your are not the topic starter DO NOT run this tool as it could cause irreversible damage to your computer.

If you need help, see this link:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif

#14 coolblue72

coolblue72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:19 PM

Ok, got Combo all done, the log is attached to this post. As far as the false websites go, it's nothing horrible, just annoying. Alternative health care, osteoporosis info, new age vitamins....stuff like that.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   13.1KB   6 downloads

#15 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:11 PM

Please run a BitDefender Online Scan
  • Click I Agree to agree to the EULA.
  • Allow the ActiveX control to install when prompted.
  • Click Click here to scan to begin the scan.
  • Please refrain from using the computer until the scan is finished. This might take a while to run, but it is important that nothing else is running while you scan.
  • When the scan is finished, click on Click here to export the scan results.
  • Save the report to your desktop so you can post it in your next reply.

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users