Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New vulnerability in quartz.dll Quicktime parsing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:25 PM

New vulnerability in quartz.dll Quicktime parsing
http://blogs.technet.com/srd/archive/2009/...me-parsing.aspx
The above link include work-a-rounds.

More info:
Microsoft Warns Of 'Browse-And-Get-Owned' DirectX Flaw
http://www.techweb.com/article/showArticle...mp;section=News
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FiOS Dan

FiOS Dan

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:35 PM

Hopefully running as a LUA with HIPS will protect me from any unwanted ".exe" until the inevitable Automatic Update from M$.
Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.

#3 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

Im using Vista so i wont get this. :D

#4 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:46 PM

Would providing an advisory for backing up the registry be a good thing to do now since one of the workarounds is deleting a registry key? Just suggesting just in case someone may end up deleting the wrong key by accident or something.....I don't know....just wanting to take precautions.

.....and shutting up...

Edited by scff249, 28 May 2009 - 08:50 PM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users