Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BLEEPING COMPUTER PESTPATROL GIVEAWAY

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 30 August 2004 - 01:45 PM

Untitled Document

OFFICIAL BLEEPING COMPUTER PESTPATROL GIVEAWAY RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.

THE FREE BLEEPING COMPUTER PESTPATROL GIVEAWAY ("GIVEAWAY") BEGINS ON SEPTEMBER 1ST AND THERE WILL BE TWO FURTHER DRAWINGS ON SEPTEMBER 8TH AND 15TH 2004 ("GIVEAWAY DATES").

HOW TO ENTER
As long as you are a member of BleepingComputer.com in good standing (not banned or suspended) you will automatically be entered into the online GIVEAWAY at BleepingComputer.com.

Upon winning the GIVEAWAY, the winner must provide the following information:

• Member's full name;
  • Member's Shipping Address
  • Member's E-mail address;
Limit one entry Bleeping Computer member. All entries become the property of BleepingComputer, NY ("Sponsor") and will not be returned or acknowledged. The winning Members shall have their information used directly by us or sent to the participating company to award their prize.

RANDOM DRAWINGS
On or about the end of the GIVEAWAY DATES, Bleeping Computer will randomly select one member of BleepingComputer.com to receive ONE fully licensed copy of PestPatrol Home Edition. If the selected member is not a member of good standing or has already been selected on a previous CONTEST DATE, then a second drawing will be done. This process will continue until a valid member is selected.

If you do not want to be entered into the GIVEAWAY then please private message Grinler and let him know that you would not like to be eligible.

PRIZES, ODDS, & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES
The total USD estimated retail value for of all prizes: $119.85. Prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. There will be no cash, substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Bleeping Computer, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value in the event the offered prize is unavailable. Winners are responsible for any and all applicable taxes associated with prize.

Odds of winning depend on the total number of members on GIVEAWAY DATES.

Prize winners acknowledge that the Sponsor and all other businesses concerned with this GIVEAWAY and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner are responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of prize except that the prize shall be subject to manufacturer's stated warranty.

WINNER NOTIFICATION
Winners will be notified by private message on the site and via the email address they registered their account under. If any prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable or not responded to within two weeks time, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use each winner's member name for promotional purposes in any and all media (including online posting) without additional compensation. If no response is received from a winner requiring shipping address information, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Limit: one prize per GIVEAWAY per household.

ELIGIBILITY
GIVEAWAY is open to anyone age 18 or older who is a member as of the GIVEAWAY DATES.

GENERAL CONDITIONS
Use of any mechanical or automated process to increase your odds in this GIVEAWAY is strictly prohibited. If a user is found to create multiple member accounts then BleepingComputer may its its own discretion remove your eligibility to this GIVEAWAY.

SPONSOR
This GIVEAWAY is sponsored by Bleeping Computer.

CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
The SPONSOR reserves the right to disqualify Members who violate the rules or interfere with this GIVEAWAY in any manner. If disqualified, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate Member's eligibility to participate in this GIVEAWAY. This GIVEAWAY is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited by law. GIVEAWAY governed by U.S. law.

By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless SPONSOR and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service agencies, independent contractors, and the officers, directors, employees, investors, agents, and representatives of any of the above organizations from any injury, loss, or damage to person, including death or property, due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance from or use/misuse of a prize or participation in any promotion-related activity.

Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, in the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of prizes. In the event that sponsors are prevented from continuing with the promotion, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the promotion is severely undermined by any event beyond sponsors' control, including but not limited to fire; flood; epidemic; earthquake; explosion; labor dispute; strike; act of God; public enemy act; satellite or equipment failure; riot or civil disturbance; war (declared or undeclared); terrorist threat or activity; any federal, state, or local governmental law, order, or regulation; order of any court or jurisdiction; or other cause not reasonably within sponsors' control (each a "Force Majeure" event), sponsors will have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the promotion without further obligation.

An entrant's submission of entry constitutes permission for Bleeping Computer and, in Bleeping Computer's sole discretion, such other Contest Sponsors to use entrant's name, photograph, likeness and other material provided in the entry for any business purpose, including for promotional purposes in any media.

Bleeping Computer will not knowingly provide any personally identifying information, that is not already publicly available, of minors to any third party without the written consent of entrant's parent/legal guardian.

This Contest shall be governed as to all matters, including validity, construction and performance of the Contest General Rules, by and under the Laws of the United States of America and the State of New York and the sole venue for resolving all questions related the rights of the Entrants and winners in this Contest shall be the courts located in New York City, New York, United States of America.

By accepting the prize, Members agree to comply with these official rules, including all eligibility requirements. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these official rules.

DISPUTES
Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, participant (and their parents/legal guardians if participants are minors) agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association or the National Arbitration Forum (NAF), then effective. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Promotion), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. or by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. Section 1, et seq, without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and all proceedings shall take place in that State. You understand that, in the absence of this provision, You would have had a right to litigate disputes through a court, including the right to litigate claims on a class-wide or class-action basis, and that You have expressly and knowingly waived those rights and agreed to resolve any Disputes through binding arbitration in accordance with the provisions of this paragraph. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.

WINNER'S LIST
A list of winners will be posted as a reply to this topic when all prizes have been awarded.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2004 - 01:59 PM

Untitled Document

PestPatrol Prize
Description

PestPatrol is a powerful security and personal privacy tool
that detects and eliminates destructive pests like trojans, spyware, adware
and hacker tools. It complements your anti-virus and firewall software, extending
your protection against non-viral malicious software that can evade your
existing security software and invade your personal privacy.

These pests often lurk silently on your computer until something or
someone sets them off. When that happens, you could lose passwords,
personal data, credit card numbers, and - if you telecommute and connect
to your office via a VPN - open up a back door for a hacker into your entire
company network.

PestPatrol
Home Edition
is designed for Home Users and Small Businesses
that are not operating on a Network.

Some Features:

• Spyware and Adware that "phones home" information
    about you, your computer, and your surfing habits

• Remote Access Trojans
    (RATs) that allow an attacker to remotely control your computer

• Denial-of-Service
    (DoS) attack agents that can crash or hang a program, or your entire
    system

• Probe Tools that look for vulnerabilities on your system
    that a hacker can exploit

You can visit the PestPatrol website here: http://www.pespatrol.com

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:34 AM

How exciting! :thumbsup: Have scanned with Pest Patrol before. But w/o the full version things have to be removed manually. A chore I did not undertake. Lol Found around 100 or so it said. Would love to have the fully licensed version!
Posted Image

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:45 AM

Maybe you will be a winner :thumbsup:

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2004 - 02:30 PM

Well whom ever wins, Im sure will be very happy! :flowers: :thumbsup:

Edited by scarlett, 01 September 2004 - 03:01 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 02 September 2004 - 02:34 PM

Hopefully they will let me use the one I am going to win :thumbsup: to extend my current subscription.

#7 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:16 PM

Well whom ever wins, Im sure will be very happy!

I am happy :flowers: surprise!!

Hopefully they will let me use the one I am going to win

Maybe you will be a winner

Would love to have the fully licensed version!

I didn't post 'cause I never win and I'm always disappointed. Now I have changed my tune. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#8 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2004 - 08:58 PM

:thumbsup: :cool: :inlove: Congratulations! :flowers: :trumpet:
Posted Image

#9 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:46 PM

Thank-you, Scarlett, I kinda feel like the dancin' banana. What do ya suppose the odds were, huh? When I figure out how it works, I'm going to post some comparisons or somethin'. :thumbsup:

#10 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:01 PM

According to the amount of members,Lets see about 2,434 to 1. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#11 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2004 - 01:59 AM

Congratulations phawgg, I won one also. :thumbsup: I know how you feel about winning things, I normally can only beat the odds when the prize is something bad is going to happen to me. :flowers: So winning this is a pleasant surprise.

I would like to say thanks to Grinler, Bleeping Computer and Pest Patrol though. Seeing as how I am rather new here and don't post that often this really is a nice thing to have happen. :trumpet: My thanks to everyone concerned.
There is no justice, there is just us.

#12 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:08 AM

I'm totally with you, Ronbo

OUR THANKS to Grinler & Pest Patrol!

BTW, I always smile seeing your avatar. :thumbsup:

Edited by phawgg, 16 September 2004 - 02:11 AM.

#13 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2004 - 06:19 PM

:thumbsup: :cool: :inlove: Congrats. 2 U 2 Ronbo! :flowers: :trumpet:
Posted Image

#14 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2004 - 10:49 PM

Aww WOW! Congrats to you Phawgg. You to Ronbo. What a great prize to win. :thumbsup: :flowers:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#15 ~Ayeka~

~Ayeka~

Princess of Jurai

• Members
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 17 September 2004 - 04:19 AM