Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what is the best free antivirus software

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 krazy2chat

krazy2chat

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:57 PM

i need a free antivirus software
malwarebytes costs and hijack this hasn't detected the virus on my computer i don't think

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CCRN396

CCRN396

• Members
  • 505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:26 PM

Hello krazy2chat,
You might be interested in the following topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227190/best-free-antivirus/

malwarebytes costs and hijack this hasn't detected the virus on my computer i don't think

Malwarebytes (MBAM) is an antispyware program and not an antivirus. MBAM is an excellent program that will compliment your AV of choice. It also comes in a freeware version (No real time protection and you have to manually update the definitions). See the bottom of this post for the link. HiJack This is an advanced tool used for malware detection / removal. You would want to use this program under the guidance of an expert only. If you think you are infected then you might wish to post in the AM I INFECTED?Forum

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

Free Antivirus Programs
*You should only use one antivirus program

AVAST
AVG
AVIRA

Good Luck..

#3 K.O

K.O

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:08 AM

Actually, I do not think there is the "best" free antivirus program. Most do the job very well, but some do suit the needs of the users better than others.

I have tried Avast, AVG, AVIRA before and i particularly like Avast.

By the way, why do you think you have a virus?

#4 krazy2chat

krazy2chat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

Avast fixed it :thumbsup: thanks...i did have a virus because my computer had slowed down, i couldn't open any programs like adobe etc and my mozilla would open random sites when i clicked on something but yeah avast helped thankyou

#5 Someones

Someones

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:13 AM

AntiVir free has very high detection rates according to AV-Comparatives and AV-Test, much higher than both Avast and AVG. But of course it's your personal preference, overall Avast and AVG are both great antiviruses as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users