Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kaben78

kaben78

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:38 PM

Hello,

I'm currently having a frustrating problem with IE8. I'm hoping someone can help.

When opening IE, it immediately goes to: "Internet Explorer Cannot Display the Webpage"
If I type in a website (google.com, etc.), I get: "Address not valid" and the url bar changes to "http:///"

Here's what I've tried so far:
I've installed Firefox - which does work. (using it now)
This problem started with IE7, so I upgraded to IE8, but still the same problem.
I've disabled all firewalls and security.
I've run Ad-Aware, and other spy removal tools.

I'm out of ideas.
Can anyone offer suggestions??
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cherps

Cherps

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:10 AM

Hey...having the very same problem here. I'm attempting to repair a friends computer....Vista Home Sp 1 ...because her IE doesn't work..therefore, windows updates, defender etc don't update or work. I managed to load Firefox on pc and that's how I got here. I've run MalwareBytes...which also won't update on this laptop, AVG, Ad-Aware, and SuperSpyware (this won't udate definitions either). MalwareBytes and SSpyware must depend on something that IE also does...as they all won't update. AVG and Ad-Aware did. There's no virus'...or spyware, malware or the like on this pc. However...I'm beginning to think it's related to some window update that came in Feb around the 10th, as that's when IE got fouled up...and all ability to update.

If I'm on the right track here, can some GURU person please let me know....maybe you've had others complain of the same problems.

PLEASE HELP!

I'll check back in the morning to see IF this has any responses.

I'm on a time thing with the repair and need help fast. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users