Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista x64 Goes Very Slow/Freezes when iPod Plugged In

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kombat

Kombat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:05 PM

If I am connected to AIM or something I can still im and talk however when I try to access My Computer or anything related to explorer.exe (system files) it basically freezes. Then the second I disconnect the ipod everything works fine again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:09 AM

Does your iPod display as a hard drive in My Computer?

If so, I believe there is a feature in Vista that optimizes something for HD speed and autoruns (I can't exactly remember what the option is, you'll need to poke around with that). All I know is that if you rightclick the drive in question, and click properties, it's under one of the tabs there. I believe that option affects how the computer handles the HD speed. When plugged in, the computer constantly polls the HD to see how fast it is, causing the computer to lag.

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users