Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo Antivirus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sauron4

sauron4

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:28 AM

hey...i have used Comodo firewall in the past and recently went to the web site and noticed that it now comes packaged as a small suite with Comodo AV. I currently use AVG and was curious if anyone is or has used the Comodo AV or the suite...is one any lighter on resources than the other or better in some other way...and how often are the definition files updated for it. I see that you can opt to install AV, Firewall or both... so at the least ill do the firewall again but if the AV prtion is any good...why not combine em. Thanks for any info you might have.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:46 PM

I have been running the Comodo CIS since version 3.5. The most recent one CIS version 3.9 includes heuristic scanning as well. Comodo BoClean has also been integrated into the latest version. As well as CIS I only use SpywareBlaster as real time protection. I use SAS, MBAM and A-Squared+ as on demand malware scanners used on a rotation basis.. My default browser is Firefox with Ad-Block+ and NoScripts as add-ons. Using this setup I haven't even had a tracking cookie on my PC for over 3mths.
The Comodo antivirus has over 5,000,000 signatures now and updates sometimes 3 times daily. After installing Comodo CIS I always follow the guides setup tutorials for the Firewall and Defence+ written by Kyle and found at the Comodo Forums http://forums.comodo.com/ I am a long time Comodo user and cannot rate them highly enough. There were slight problems with v3.8 but the latest v3.9 is practically flawless and is very light on resources cfp.exe uses 6556k while cmdagent.exe uses 3148k on my PC. Go ahead you won't regret it.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users