Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

very slow at startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dash8x

dash8x

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:40 AM

I have got an Acer Aspire M1641 desktop PC which runs on XP. The problem is that lately during startup the computer holdsup and wont open programs. even though I can move the mouse pointer and click on icons the programs wont open. Also the computer doesnt respond to the keyboard when i press the windows key or any other key. The computer starts to respond after a very long time. Sometimes at startup the computer automatically restarts. Also sometimes a bright blue screen is show with some numbers and text. Another times a lighter blue screen with the windows logo is shown which performs some diskchecking. Would you tell me what maybe causing the problem and how to solve it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

The "bright blue screen" is known as a Windows Stop Error Message, or more commonly called the "Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)". Next time it happens copy down the numbers and post them back here.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users