Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live mail & the never-ending check

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 xstepperx

xstepperx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:17 AM

Hi,

When I'm at my Windows Live home page, h t t p://home.live.com/ the "Checking for new messages..." never stops. I deleted all messages in all folders too thinking maybe one of them was the cause of the problem but the check goes on. The Windows Live help isn't much help either, I've searched and can't find anything about the never ending check for new messages. What do I have to do to make it finally give up the search or is this normal behavior?

thanks in advance,

xstepperx

PS

I just figured out it has something to do with IE 8's security settings. I keep security for the Internet, Local intranet & Resstricted sites zones set to High, the Trusted sites zone set to Medium-high, and add sites as needed to to the Trusted sites zone when I need them to work. I have *.live.com, *.msn.com, *.hotmail.com, *.passport.com, & *.microsoft.com in Trusted sites already but obviously I'm still missing something. Anyone have any idea what I need in Trusted sites for my mail to work as it should?

Thanks again,

xstepperx

Edited by xstepperx, 28 May 2009 - 09:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users