Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browsers Not Working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:01 AM

Probably a couple of times a day on average whichever browsers I try (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Flock) will stop loading web pages. Although the problem happens with all browers, it appears that other Internet applications such as Skype are unaffected and still work OK. This is corrected by turning off my modem and router, waiting 10 seconds, and turning it back on again. This is a wireless home network with 5 computers that can access it, although most of the time it's just mine that's on.

My modem and router are both pretty old now. The modem is and Origo ASR-8000 and the router is a BT Voyager 1500 Wireless Router.

My question is do I need to replace the modem and router to solve the problem, or is the problem likely to be caused by something else?

Thanks,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Linio Alan

Linio Alan

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:35 AM

Well, I think you need update the router's firmware and modem's firmware. After update do a reset in both and setup again.

#3 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:21 AM

OK, thanks. I'll try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users