Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Havin puter trouble....can someone plz help me

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sypher70

sypher70

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:52 PM

I have been hit with the smitfraud virus twice in about two weeks..the first time I removed it without any difficulty. This time I cannot seem to get it my computer working correctly. I have dial up and cannot get a high connection to download any antivirus programs; nothing will open...all i get is the message..cannot display page. I am at my wits end here and honestly dont know what to do. I have been looking for an antiviurs program that I could save to flppy but they are all too big and the puter I am using now doesnt have a burner.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:26 PM

Do you have anti-virus and anti-spyware software on the infected machine that you can run in safe mode? If you are not sure how to boot in Safe Mode there is a tutorial here:
Safe Mode

Did you remove the first infection using instructions from the self-help forum here or from another source?

If you need to transfer larger files from a PC without a burner then a USB flash drive (pen drive/thumb drive) will do the job as long as you have USB ports on both machines.

hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users