Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no desktop icons or start menu

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lyndsi23

lyndsi23

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:46 PM

When starting up my computer I recieve the "windows explorer has encountered an error and needs to close" error. I have my desktop wallpaper but my desktop icons and start menu do not load once this comes up. I have ad-aware and spybot and have ran both. After running ad-aware it now only goes to quaranting and stops. It doesn't do the usual deletion. I am definitely stuck. Please Help. Thank you very much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 g2i2r4

g2i2r4

Malware remover

• Members
  • 900 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:57 PM

Welcome lyndsi23 to Bleeping Computer.

Please download the latest version of HiJack This. Click here to download the latest version (1.99.1). Please save it in a permanent folder (such as C:\HJT). This is to ensure that backups are saved and accessible in the event you should need it. Follow the instructions below if you are unsure how to save it in a permanent folder:1.) Click on the link to download HiJackThis.exe.
2.) When it pulls up the box (for you to pick a location to save the file), click on the pulldown menu and select "[C:]".
3.) Click on the button to "create new folder" and name the folder HiJackThis
4.) Double click on the folder you just made (to go into the folder) and click "save" on the bottom of the box.
Then double click the HijackThis in that folder and choose ' scan and save log '.

Post that log here in your topic by using the button 'add reply'.

Posted Image
Life is what happens while you're making other plans

#3 lyndsi23

lyndsi23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:03 PM

I am unable to download anything.

#4 g2i2r4