Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen Acer Apire One?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 PM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

I was trying to hook my A1 lap top to my TV, got to fooling around with display and adapter setting clicked on a button for monitor ans everything went black. I booted into safe mode but cannot figure out how to change, I was going to give up and do a system restore but it is turned off. Any ideas truly appreciated!

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:03 PM

Since my customer still hasnt picked theirs up yet. Press and hold down the FN key and press F6 this should bring the screen back to the laptop. I will also warn you as I have every Aspire One owner I have met. Be sure to NEVER forget your HDD password if its enabled, there is NO way to hack it (least it hasnt been done yet) the only way around it is to purchase a new SATA HDD. Also if you run into problems with your bios or system password try in all caps there has been a bug in the boios found that changes the password. If its under warranty take it to where you bought it and have them flash the bios with the update.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 28 May 2009 - 08:04 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:10 PM

Thanks so much for your reply!
I started to write more about the problem and not realizing that the FN key was the F&N keys, I fired the A1 up in safe mode and nada. Rebooted to my black screen and WaLa FN + F6 and I am no longer blind! All I can say Is Bless You I was freaking out with visions of reloading and loosing all my junk!
Thanks very much!

Phil

Edited by OldPhil, 28 May 2009 - 10:46 PM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:10 AM

Glad this worked out for you. Happy computing!!

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users