Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proxy Bomb

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Beach Plum

Beach Plum

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

This concerns beta game software and a new final release mapper program:

Here is what I posted to the other parties:

1. Installed the new beta
2. received multiple connection disconnecting messages using a proxy map
3. found a brand new proxy map release at sourceforge and thought, hey maybe this will fix problem 2
4. did not fix problem 2
5. logged in with no proxy
6. ran new proxy map in ZMud
7. KABOOM 10 unable to connect maps pop up and then every shortcut I own tries to run the proxy map
8. deleted the process and its program (running automatically) in safe mode
9. received a can't find run32.dll message and needed to manually fix links to run my escape from hell scenario.
10. viral scan clean
11. finish reinstall system files and updates (1 day later, forget finding a new run32.dll as this seemed too deep a dll for me to touch)
12. tell my harrowing tale

Why I am posting here is the mapper was running after a safe mode boot, which considering all my shortcuts pointed to the mapper, might be a coincidental error and not a virus.

I did not find a virus. I wonder if I should be hunting, scanning, downloading?

Thanks for any wisdom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users