Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Cant Detect Nvidia Nforce Networking Controllers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pain

pain

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:28 PM

I Used ComboFix and HiJackthis to get rid of a Trojan Bzub, but now i cant get online! I have no online or network connections. I use a wired modem. The green light is on for the ethernet port, but windows cant detect modem. I tried just about everything. My computer im on now gets online fine. I have WinXP Pro 2002 sp3.

I opened the device manager and under my network adapter there are many yellow exclamation points next to the Nvidia Nforce Networking Controllers, WAN Miniports. And under my Nonplug n play drivers there are exclamation points next to NETBIOS over Tcpip, SYMTDI, Tcp/IP Protocol Driver

I tried to update all of them, but didnt work! I tried to uninstall but it wouldnt let me. I got a message saying "failed to uninstall device. Device may be required to boot up the computer."
I clicked on the properties and it says "windows cannot load the device for this hardware. The device may be corrupt or missing."(code39)

I tried to rollback the driver, but the driver files werent backed up.

I have posted a picture of the device manager network adapter! here is the url. This comp is messed up as well so i had a hard time in safe mode trying to upload to photobucket, so i just uploaded it on here. Hopefully someone can see it and help me out! Thanks!

http://w3.funformobile.com/blog/blogItem.p...p=1&aid=101

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:34 PM

I would try uninstalling the NIC...then run chkdsk /r (system will have to be reboot to run chkdsk /r).

Then I would just try to install my NIC anew and set up my network anew (it sounds like all your protocols are awry).

All of those network drivers/protocols are installed when you reinstall the NIC, using the motherboard CD you have.

System manufacturer and model, please?

Louis

#3 pain

pain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:36 PM

Oh I see. I think its ABIT-NF7 D33068 thats whats on the mother board. It was built from scratch and i don't know who built it. How can i find make and model? I went on the system menu to see if it said anything. It just said AMD ANTHLON XP 2700+

Edited by pain, 29 May 2009 - 09:50 AM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

You can try using this tool...to identify the NIC installed, SIW System Information for Windows - http://www.gtopala.com/

Louis

#5 pain

pain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

I tried to use it but its asking for an administrator password which i dont have. Any way around that? I created a new password but still didnt work.

Edited by pain, 29 May 2009 - 11:45 PM.

#6 pain

pain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:49 AM

i got it to install, but it was done wit errors because i cant get onto the internet. i cant even log on to it either. im getting an error saying sql server does not exist.

#7 pain

pain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:11 AM

okay i think i got the make and model using recuvary. AMD ANTHLON XP 2700+, RADEON 9200

#8 pain

pain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:34 AM

??? think i lost my tech!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users