Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

aurora/drpmon, ezula, etc.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lakay

Lakay

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:24 PM

hi...lately, our computer has been infected with extremely annoying spyware which unfortunately cannot seem to be deleted by spyware removal programs. We have tried SpyBot, Adaware, and Microsoft antiSpyware programs. I also tried to download CCleaner, but it would not download some of the files. I believe it said that the files were corrupted. I found a list of spyware programs that I believe are on the system, but I am at a loss as to how to fix it. I hesitated to use HiJack this b/c I didn't want to accidentally delete vital files, but the problem is too big to ignore. Any help in knowing what to delete would be greatly appreciated!

Here's a copy of the HiJack log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:13:25 PM, on 6/28/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DoScan.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServAlert.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\GIANTAntiSpywareMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Family\Desktop\spyware deleting\HijackThis.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\Nail.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WildTangent CDA] "C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\GameDrvr.exe" /startup "C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0500.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cfgmgr52] RunDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\cfgmgr52.dll,DllRun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [exp.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\exp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vjqqez] c:\windows\system32\kmreuyk.exe r
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Express.exe"
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.e4me.com
O16 - DPF: DigiChat Applet - http://digichat.salemwebnetwork.com/DigiCh..._IE_5_0_1_7.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=39204&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {25365FF3-2746-4230-9DA7-163CCA318309} (GTDownloaderCtrl Class) - http://inst.c-wss.com/82/html/gtdownlr.cab
O16 - DPF: {38578BF0-0ABB-11D3-9330-0080C6F796A1} (Create & Print ActiveX Plug-in) - http://www.imgag.com/cp/install/AxCtp.cab
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: PCTEL Speaker Phone (Pctspk) - PCtel, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: System Startup Service (SvcProc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\svcproc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe

-----------------------------------------------------

Before I forget, while I was scanning the pc with HiJackThis, it came up with a window saying that they weren't able to scan a certain section and that I should email the person in charge with the log and the message that had popped up...should I??

Thanks again...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:39 PM

Hello Lakay and welcome to the BC forums. To start, let's get your oprating system updated. Because it is so out of date it is like a sieve and trying to repair it is futile beccause any infections will just keep on coming back. By not keeping your OS updated you leave yourself open to many of the infections that cannot be installed on a properly updated system. I strongly recommend that you go to the Windows Update site and install Service Pack 2. Once that is done, go back to the Windows Update site and install all available Critical Updates. This will patch your system with the most current security fixes and plug all the known holes which your present system has open.

When it has been updated post a new HijackThis log back here and I will review it when it comes in.

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users