Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes is infected???/MOVED

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cyfer1

cyfer1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:30 PM

To my disappointment, I have recently noticed several instances were my trust in Malwarebytes has been questionable.

With McAfee VirusScan 8.5i running in the background my PC, I was using Malwarebytes to scan a drive I pulled from another machine.

As the Malwarebytes scan got closer to finishing, I received a McAfee alert like the one below.....

5/27/2009 12:24:12 PM Deleted KCVZ3PN\Administrator C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe E:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\user name\LOCAL SETTINGS\TEMP\UAC3D2.TMP DNSChanger!k (Trojan)
5/27/2009 12:24:22 PM Deleted KCVZ3PN\Administrator C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe E:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Temp\UAC3d2.tmp DNSChanger!k (Trojan)

5/27/2009 1:49:44 PM Deleted KCVZ3PN\Administrator C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe E:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UACKODDQKLTUBXXKJQ.DLL DNSChanger!k (Trojan)
5/27/2009 1:49:44 PM Deleted KCVZ3PN\Administrator C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe E:\WINDOWS\system32\UACkoddqkltubxxkjq.dll DNSChanger!k (Trojan)
5/27/2009 1:49:47 PM Deleted KCVZ3PN\Administrator C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe E:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UACOJWYUSCLNUTDOCK.DLL Generic.dx!cy (Trojan)
5/27/2009 1:49:48 PM Deleted KCVZ3PN\Administrator C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe E:\WINDOWS\system32\UACojwyusclnutdock.dll Generic.dx!cy (Trojan)
5/27/2009 1:49:48 PM Cleaned KCVZ3PN\Administrator C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe e:\windows\system32\uacuwhbblnjeutrlxd.dll DNSChanger.r (Trojan)
5/27/2009 1:49:48 PM Deleted KCVZ3PN\Administrator C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe E:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UACUWHBBLNJEUTRLXD.DLL DNSChanger.r (Trojan)
5/27/2009 1:49:48 PM Deleted KCVZ3PN\Administrator C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe E:\WINDOWS\system32\UACuwhbblnjeutrlxd.dll DNSChanger.r (Trojan)
5/27/2009 1:49:58 PM Deleted KCVZ3PN\Administrator C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe E:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UACWKKLNIOHLXXYCBC.DLL DNSChanger!k (Trojan)
5/27/2009 1:49:58 PM Deleted KCVZ3PN\Administrator C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe E:\WINDOWS\system32\UACwkklniohlxxycbc.dll DNSChanger!k (Trojan)
5/27/2009 1:52:09 PM Deleted KCVZ3PN\Administrator C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe E:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\UACOOBMAQGOTOMEEWW.SYS DNSChanger.x (Trojan)
5/27/2009 1:52:09 PM Deleted KCVZ3PN\Administrator C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe E:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\UACoobmaqgotomeeww.sys DNSChanger.x (Trojan)

Now I'm aware that some anti virus\malware\spyware programs don't get along with each, but this really has me bothered. I had great confidence in this program from both my own experience and use of others but now I'm starting to wonder.

Has anyone else seen this aor something similar??

Thanks for your time.......

Edited by garmanma, 27 May 2009 - 05:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:42 PM

I don't know which version of Norton you use, but any tool the monitors registry changes should be disabled while running scan tools such as Mbam
I would disable Norton and update Mbam and run a full scan enable Norton and post the results
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users