Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Automatic Updates for Addons?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 batya7

batya7

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:12 PM

Is anyone aware of a tool that would update addons automatically? I get a message that an update was found for my addon. Then I have to click to update. Then I have to click to install. Only then will it liberate my browser and let me start.

Yeah, I'm impatient, but there has to be some little bit of code that does this.

Thanks.

Edit: Moved topic from Tips and Tricks to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. "

(Clarke's third law) Arthur C. Clarke, English physicist & science fiction author (1917 - 2008), "Profiles of The Future", 1961

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:22 PM

Hi batya7,

At the top of Firefox, click Tools > Options > Advanced > Update.

Under "When updates to Firefox are found", click "Automatically download and install the update", click OK.

:thumbsup:

#3 batya7

batya7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:38 PM

Thanks Red Dawn, but those items are already checked.
Any other suggestions?

(Clarke's third law) Arthur C. Clarke, English physicist & science fiction author (1917 - 2008), "Profiles of The Future", 1961

#4 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:28 PM

Apologies, batya7, I just realized the instructions in my above post were to automatically update Firefox and not its Add-ons.

I came across the Add-on below which might interest you.

Easily configurable for automatically installing updates when available and checking for updates when Firefox starts.

Update Notifier 0.1.5.4

#5 batya7

batya7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:33 PM

Ok, I just added that new extension. I'll "test drive" it and see if it does what I want. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users