Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pneireland

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:31 PM

Hi there everyone - just dropping in to introduce myself as requested by bleepingcom.........
i'm pneireland - i got my name by using the initials of a famous english soccer team which i support and added them to my location.......thats it for now.....no doubt i'll be in touch again when i have problems !!
bye for now

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 skent99

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:37 PM

Just another computer guy who loves the subject, has built several machines, started years ago with a new dual floppy Victor sys2 (dual floppy?) PC for $1200. If I remember right Victors main product then was sewing machines! After 2 days of C:\_ flashing on the screen finally got a virtual drive of several MB going and my excitement today is just as strong for my latest build. This homebuilt contains 3 hard drives each with it's own operating system of Win XP, VISTA and Win 7. It wasn't easy and like most such efforts you learn how to do it wrong before finally getting it all right but everything presently seems stable and I'm very pleased with the results. Yes so far I like Windows7 after giving up on VISTA; and running my 4 computer home network on Win XP only. Now that the grandkids are getting older 12 to 20 yrs and don't visit so often have taken down the network and running on Comcast cable and another on NetZero dial up. Yup. I'm over 70 yrs and still anxious to learn new things so will sign off with that thought and start looking around here! Shel

Edited by skent99, 27 May 2009 - 12:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users