Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Found PC - missing parts ? - want to upgrade it

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thedtmeffect

thedtmeffect

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:45 AM

I found a computer and I think its missing parts and i would like to put the ones that need to be put in there. I'm not sure what parts need to be put in there, so i would like seem help on which ones to put in
plus, i think i want to upgrade it a little.
I'm on a budget of 100-200 dollars

okay here it is:
brand
Posted Image

some specs
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

okay from what i can see, its missing a graphics card ??? and a power supply
* i took the dvd drive out for a different computer :thumbsup: *

okay so, what graphics card do i need ?
what power supply do i need ?

and is there anything i can upgrade ?

Edited by thedtmeffect, 27 May 2009 - 08:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:12 AM

If you look at the back under the mouse & keyboard ports there should be a [blue] onboard video connector.

I would put a power supply in it & give it a try.
If it acts like it's on but you don't get a display the motherboard is probably bad.

HP used rebranded "bestec" power supplies which are best known for going bad & frying motherboards.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:53 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/prodinf...product=1843637

http://www3.shopping.com/xPF-Hewlett-Packa...UTER-DERIVATIVE

If you are willing to spend $200 on a system that may have a bad motherboard, CPU, power supply, etc...you probably ought to consider systems like http://www.ascendtech.us/customkititems.as...DTEMT5254X22350

You get a better CPU, a working hard drive, RAM that's upgradeable, warranteed product, a valid license for Vista with CD...and miscellaneous computer parts that work.

It may not be pretty...but it works and has some recourse for those times when it won't.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users