Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Previewing Problems!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ryan_u89

ryan_u89

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:17 PM

Hi
I have created a website and it all runs fine, check it out at www.biggleswadejitsu.org.uk but recently i moved some files and must of deleted something because when i click preview in iexplorer (F12) i get an error saying:
The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.biggleswadejitsu.org.uk home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 400 - Bad Request
Internet Explorer

Can anyone help??

Many Many Thanks in advance
Ryan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dalcb22

dalcb22

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:51 PM

If you moved some files, (like to a different folder) you need to update the links on any page(s) that were connected to a page that you moved.

like for example, if you moved a page called info.html to a folder called stats, your link from the home page would change from info.html to stats/info.html. Then your browser can find it. That is why you are getting that message, because the file you are looking for is not where the computer thinks it is.

:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users