Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

drivers update

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tukuniata

tukuniata

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:26 AM

Please can anyone help me step by step how to update all my drivers?
I m sory i m really lost with this updating drivers updating thing.
And i have some question for you :

how many driver there is in a computer?

i try to download this network adapter driver rtl8164c(p)8111c(p) PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC from realtek semiconductor Corp but i m not finding.
please any help will be apreciated.

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blurredweasel

Blurredweasel

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:04 AM

First question. How many drivers in a computer? A lot. There many software drivers for just about everything. If your asking about the network adapter, there should only be one driver.

As for your other question, where can I find it? Are you asking where to find on the web? If so, look at the manufacturer's web site. However, I have this feeling you have downloaded it and can not find it on your computer. If this is so try this:

For Firefox....Click on "tools" (at top), then options. A box will come up. Look under "Main" and look at downloads and where it says "save file to." This will tell where it is.

For Internet explorer: Tools, then internet options. A box will come up. Look at "General Tab" Look for Browsing History and click on "settings" button. It will show pathway to Temp Folder.

Another option is to update the driver. Go to Control Panel>system>hardware>device manager>network adapters, then find the driver for it and click on "update."

Hope this helps.

#3 tukuniata

tukuniata
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:40 AM

Thanks for your help.
In the manufacture's web site i couldn't find this specific drive rtl8164c(p)8111c(p) PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC.
is there some this else i can do to get the drive in the web. Or if you are a bit advanced compare to me, can you search for me please?
just to make it clear that i m not lazy those thing are so new to me and they damage the system that why i would to get in the right place.
thank for your support

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:20 PM

System manufacturer and model, please (e.g., Compaq Presario 123) ?

Louis

#5 tukuniata

tukuniata
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:03 AM

System manufacturer and model, please (e.g., Compaq Presario 123) ?

Louis

is this the manufacturer "realtek semiconductor Corp"? if not how can i find it?

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:10 PM

"System" refers to the computer.

The manufacturer's name and model are generally listed on it.

Louis

#7 tukuniata

tukuniata
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:37 PM

i really dont know if this is the information that you need if not please tell me different example.
operating system windows xp pro version 2002 sp3
intel®core™2 Duo CPU
thanks for your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users