Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pc restart plz help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 foxycslady

foxycslady

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:44 AM

Im running a self built computer and it has never worked correctly. after running a big application it restarts over and over until i turn it off and let it sit for a few hours. ive taken it to professionals and they cant fux the problem they just get it running for a few weeks then the restarting begins again ive replaced the power supply and motherboard and its still having problems please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:12 PM

What application are you running when the restarts occur?
What is your Operating System (98, XP Home, XP Pro, ....)?
How much RAM do you have?

The more information you can provide, the better the chances of finding a solution to your problem.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 foxycslady

foxycslady
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:54 PM

Sorry =/ i have windows xp with 512 MB of ram
it usually happens after playing counterstrike for a long time. or if i leave the computer on for a long time and then try to play the game. or the other day i played cs and then tried installing a driver and it restarted. the time in between the restarts gets shorter and shorter until it wont turn on at all and i have to get it reformatted. To get it reformatted the place i took it had to take it apart and use their parts to get it to turn on? thats what they said but once its reformatted it works..for a while any ideas?

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:10 PM

Sounds like a cooling problem to me:

Download the system analysis program 'Everest' so you can get detailed information about your system:
Everest download
Temperatures, voltages and fan speeds are shown under Computer>Sensor.

Load up some programs, play the game then (before it crashes) take a look at the temps from time to time. Let us know what you find.

:thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 cooldudenz

cooldudenz

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:53 PM

Yea rimmer sounds right, GO RED DWRAF! :thumbsup:

Also, do u play any other games apart from CS? It could be a heating problem, or a video card problem, i had a problem like this with UT2004, and i just needed to update my video card driver and directX, It usally happened to me as soon as i started playing, but it could still be the same problem, make sure all ur drivers are fully updated. Also make sure CS is fully patched.

Also does it restart during other heavily disk activities eg. running an antivirus or spyware scan?

#6 foxycslady

foxycslady
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:55 PM

ok i downloaded the everlast home edition with nothing running the temp is 50C for the motherboard; 43C for CPU; 36C for IBM. When running the game it goes up to 55C for motherboard; 52C for cpu and 36C for IBM. I dont know if that is too hot or not.
And yes it does restart at other times. It restarted when i tried to upload drivers off the cd for my motherboard.
And my video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 4MX 440 With AGP8X.

#7 tim723

tim723

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:56 AM

well the problem really does sound like heat, but the results u show take that possibility out.................
Posted Image

#8 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 01 July 2005 - 03:16 AM

The CPU and IBM (hard drive?) temps sound fine but the motherboard is hotter than the CPU? That makes no sense. Are those all the sensor readings you get? What's the make and model of the motherboard?

What is the state of your graphics card (what is it?) does it have a fan and is it running? What about the fan in the power supply? What is the wattage rating of the power supply?

If the sensor readings are right I still think something is cooking in there. :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#9 cooldudenz

cooldudenz

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 04 July 2005 - 02:11 AM

I used that everlast home edition and found that my heat readings were completly different from ones given to my from the BIOS and from MBM
Once again i recomend getting MBM for best readings. ( you need to no your MB type )
http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users