May 15 status: For about a month, my computer started slowing and IE7 was really slow and freezing, so I decided to update to IE8. After installing and trying to open, rec'd error message about an Add-on program not being compatible, so I checked "Always open without". From the very start, IE8 would freeze up with white screen, and very few times would it connect to the internet, or even give me the "cannot connect" message, just froze. All of my programs started freezing, I could not do anything. I ran PCTools scan with no results, then I ran Spybot Search and Destroy and it found Virtumonde & AdawareAlert. I chose to remove, and indicated that is was removed.(Now the past log in SSD does not mention Virtumonde?)
This did not help with programs, so I decided to do a system restore. All of the programs seem to be running fine, and IE is connecting to the internet, I have no idea what version, as there are no tool bars. Only the address bar with: < > address bar, refresh, X, and Google search bar at the far right with a Magnifying glass. NO Menu bar, NO status Bar. I can't right click anywhere in the bar, or the body of the window to try and reset toolbar options. I cannot download anything, or even attach a file in my Yahoo email?? I cannot copy and paste, and my Delete button does not work, (works in all other programs). I have been working between my Laptop and a Thumbdrive to get all Read and Run me programs ran and logs. I have completed all and the logs are attached here. I could put IE8 on the thumb drive and try to reinstall it, but I am scared? I have also run PCTools Antivirus Scan again also, and it has not found anything, I have looked back through the logs and there is not mention of Virtumonde.
I performed the “Read and Run Me” suggested thru MajorGeeks.com, ( performed mainly via downloading programs and logs on a thumbdrive under the circumstances ) After completing all the processes, it did seem to help all other programs and operation, but now when clicking on IE, it opens and closes immediately. I have uninstalled IE, and Reinstalled via a thumbdrive. Still nothing.
I have attached the DDS scan, and some of the logs that I have ran for MajorGeeks, (((except for the ComboFix Logs that I see that this forum does not approve)))
If there is anything suggestions. UH OH!! Actually I am now to the point to attach logs/files and do not see a link, I am sure it is right in front of me, but I cannot see it.
I so respect MajorGeeks Forum, they have helped me tremendously in the past and I had a very knowledgeable person respond and view my logs 3 days after I posted, May 18.. but have not yet been able to fix the problem, My husband filed an extension for our Income taxes, and we have to file them soooooon, and was hoping some fresh new eyes would help. Sometimes a second opinion doesn’t hurt!
P.S. I am now also having problems with my laptop, and hopefully didn’t transfer any virus/Trojan/or bug to my laptop using the thumb drive….
PP.SS. I am trying to cook Gumbo for 20 people and do this at the same time, so please forgive anything that I left out!