Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HijackThis 2.02 MD5 issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SnakeOnThePlane

SnakeOnThePlane

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:15 PM

Today I went to download HijackThis from http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/to...ckthis/download , having used HijackThis 1.x something a long while (years) ago to clean up a messed system. I was meaning to use it to just look around my notebook a little.

However, I noticed that the download links on the site lead to different versions of the HijackThis.exe file. The one in the ZIP and the standalone exe are the same and have an MD5 of E8269245566BE948F6A219135B434160 but the one in the installer is C4CA7416A6DF6D95075F81D9E3B41AD1. They are different size, too.

What gives? Are these all the correct MD5s, or is some version "better"? Anyone know why they're different?

I scanned both the different executables in virusscan.jotti.org and one of the scanners detects HijackThis.exe as infected by W32.W.Huhk.a: http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/1...c65c4309fd78561 False positive, or a real problem?

Haven't used HijackThis in a long while, so I'm out of the loop. Thanks for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users