Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

restoring deleted xp file AFTER emptying recycle bin. !! ??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mike garner

mike garner

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:56 PM

I write today because I've accidentally deleted a file from a flash drive. While this is not usually a problem, I did not discover it was missing until after I emptied my recycle bin. :trumpet:

I remembered using file restore programs in the past but my current installation did not have one. I went looking on the web for freeware restore programs and tried about 4-5 but none could find my file, except one which reports it could recover the file - for a $39 program fee. :flowers:

I have not written to my flash drive since the accidental deletion and trying the restore programs so my file is still there - but does anyone know of a reliable freeware file recovery program that can help me get my file back? :thumbsup:

Thank you very much,
Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:22 PM

I've had success with this one:

http://www.recuva.com/
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:21 PM

Or "Rest2514" .

http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlrestoration.html

I used it for awhile but broke down & bought a pro program.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#4 mike garner

mike garner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

I downloaded the file Budapest suggested and it worked flawlessly. Thank you all.
MIke :thumbsup:

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:43 PM

Recuva is one of the best, IMHO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users