Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wacom tablet psycosis

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lucent

lucent

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:24 AM

Hello, just wondering if anybody else has issues with wacom tablets and wireless devices. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse setup and have just got a new wacom tablet. The problem is that the tablet needs to be on at least a 25 degree angle otherwise well....the mouse pointer goes ballistic and selects everything and will not stay still, it's has even shut the computer down on me. I had to watch as it selected the start menu clicked shut turn off computer and went to shut down :thumbsup: I cannot regain control once it decides to have a fit. It does work fine on my laptop (no wireless devices, save a PCMCIA wireless network adapter) but it does the same when I boot into linux or solaris. So i was thinking it must be wireless cross-talk between the keyboard/mouse and receiver, but that doesn't explain the angle solution...or does it?
Posted Image
Special thanks to efizzer for the signature

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:53 AM

Is there a way to change the settings to strengthen/weaken the signal?
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

#3 lucent

lucent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:41 PM

there doesn't seem to be efizzer, there is only settings for the pressure on the nib and eraser but changing these doesn't do much it just alters the stroke depth. Might just can the wireless keyboard/mouse setup it's gettimg old and shabby anyway. Cheers. Oh and sorry mods I wasn't sure where to put this topic, thanks.
Posted Image

#4 spyrious

spyrious

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:24 PM

Is the Wacom tablet you have wireless?

I have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard and I've been using my friend's Wacom Graphire3 off and on over the summer. I haven't had any of the problems you've described, but perhaps your receiver for your keyboard/mouse is too close to your tablet? I keep my receiver a good 2 feet from everything else on my machine, just in case disruptions occur. I also don't know why you would have to angle your tablet like you describe, and that's what made me think of your wireless receiver. Perhaps you should reinstall the drivers? Now I'm just throwing things out there, but I figure I'd try.

Good luck with everything.

#5 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:57 PM

The receiver is probably getting multiple reflections of the mouse signal from the Wacom surface (he said trying to sound like he knew about Wacoms - I'm going to have to get one!). Perhaps you can relocate the receiver so there is a different angle between receiver-mouse and receiver-wacom if you see what I mean? Just relocating to the other side of the monitor might be enough.... :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#6 lucent

lucent
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:48 PM

Cheers guys, Rimmer you're a champ. :thumbsup: Reflections :flowers: were the problem. Thanks all!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users