Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error msg. when switching users

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spitfire11

spitfire11

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:31 PM

Hello folks,
This appears to be an "odd" one.
My Daughter has a Phillips Freevent pc running win. xp pro. When switching users this small icon "fail" pops up, this does not prevent the new user from logging on but I can find no "properties" associated with this error msg.
I have done the obvious, by deleting the user profile & re-installing but with no success. Any ideas?
spitfire11

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

Go to the Control Panel
Double click Administrative tools
Doble click Services
Locate Fast user switcing
Make sure is is set to Automatic & started

If not double click it & reset it to Automatic
Click Start
Then click Apply
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 spitfire11

spitfire11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:52 AM

Thanks fairjoeblue,
I have tried that, including a restart but the little divil still there. What next please.
spitfire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users