Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

defragmenter problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scotty16

scotty16

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:08 PM

hi
i have been having this problem lately
my defragmenter keeps saying some files on drive c could not be defragmented but when i review the report there is no files in the files that did not defrag collum what should i do
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:48 PM

I don't think that it's anything major that you should worry about.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:46 PM

Hello scotty16,

What are you using to defragment? Are you using the system built in defragmenter or a third party application?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:33 AM

I'm pretty sure, that he have been using a damned Defraggler... I have a same problem, and I'm worrying too.

Use Auslogics (FREE) products!

P.S. Thanks to all, who have had replied to my post in this section with a same icon within such a short period of time (CSC prob...)... :thumbsup:

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:52 AM

Some defragmentation applications will not touch some of the operating system files; others will leave a few minor problems to complete the defrag faster.
The name of the application and the exact exception messages it gives would help determine if these were important.
For the most part and in general, minor exceptions should not be a cause for alarm.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users