Some types of malware will disable Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming
it and changing the file extension
. <- click this link if you do not see the file extension
If using Windows Vista, refer to How to Change a File Extension in Windows Vista.
- Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file, rename it to mysetup and change the .exe extension to .scr, .com, .pif, or .bat.
- Then double-click on mysetup.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to begin installation.
- If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files.
- Right-click on mbam.exe, rename it to myscan and change the .exe extension in the same way as noted above.
- Double-click on myscan.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to launch the program.
Be sure to update MBAM through the program's interface (preferable method
) or manually download the definition updates
and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe
to install. Then perform a Quick Scan
in normal mode and check all items found for removal. Don't forgot to reboot afterwards. Failure to reboot normally
(not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. When done, click the Logs
tab and copy/paste the contents of the report in your next reply.