Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google earth

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Darling11

Darling11

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:46 AM

1. please excuse my bad english.

my Problem: after re-installing my system I have some troubles with my computer.

1. problem : the computer is now very slow - sorry, I have read, that many many had the same problem, and I didn't want to bother you
2. programm: google earth needs almost all my resources and ist working real slow. I know, that Googler Earth needs more resources then other programs, but it goes down to just 6 MB left.

Win XP Pro Service-Pack 3 ( because I live in China, it is a chinese version - and IO am not 100% able to understand the chinese letters )
DirectX 9
Pentium 4 3066 MHz
System Memory 1015 MB DDR SDRAM

I hope, that s.o. will be able to help me.
Thanks
Renate ( german woman )

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:21 AM

Hallo Darling :thumbsup:

First a lot of questions ...

Is your computer slow in terms of its internet activities or other programs that don't require an internet presence? Is it slow to boot up? China imposes restrictions on internet access which would not affect your computer in another country. Was your original XP version preinstalled? Have you ever re-installed XP before using this cd? Was it a clean install where you reformatted the C drive or was it simply an installation of Windows over the existing one? Why did you re-install Windows? Did you have problems before? Is it possible that the cd you used for the installation is different than the original version of XP that came with your computer?

Zllio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users