Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

checking power supply voltages

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 theinvulnerable

theinvulnerable

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:30 AM

Guys if I am using speedfan and checking the voltages on my powersupply if it is ok. What are the value should I look for? And how do i know if something wrong? I have a sample here, please kindly teach me.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:00 AM

Nothing really catches my eye. The +12V is a bit low, but in spec. Ignore the "-" voltage readings.

Best to check voltages with the CPU and videocard loaded/stressed. CPU Burn/Orthos will load the CPU. If you have a separate videocard, Furmark will take care of that.

Something to remember, the voltages shown are not always accurate. Programs like Speedfan display voltages as detected by the onboard monitors of the motherboard. If there is a voltage concern, use a DVOM and a spare molex connector in the case to verify. Yellow wire=+12V, Red wire=+5V, Black=ground.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users