Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firerfox/IE stops working after 10 minutes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 binx1310

binx1310

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:59 PM

This is a continuing problem that is sooo annoying.

My fiance has a good spec laptop, with vista home premium, amd dual core, 2gb ram, nvidia graphocs etc.

It works fine, for about 10 minutes, after which the web browesers stop working. Both firefox and IE. just say not connected to internet, couldnt find webpage etc.

All other internet programs work fine, MSN messenger, AVG updater etc.

Is only IE and firefox that appears to be affected.

The only way to start browsing again is to restart. Which gets very annoying.

I have scanned with AVG and Spybot and a few things were found. Funweb products being one. But nothing major that i could find and all were removed succesfully.

It appeared to start when her sister usd it and installed some emoticon pack, although i uninstalled it and cannot find any traces of it in registry etc and no other malware could be found.

It isnt her wireless netowrk as i have tried it on various different networks. All are the same.

Any help will be greatfully recieved.

Regards

will

Edited by binx1310, 25 May 2009 - 04:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users