Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't afford Photoshop?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Allen B.

Allen B.

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

I noticed many of the posts here were requesting a good image program so I posted this.

Posted Image

Have you always wanted to have a good graphics design program but never had the time or money to get one? GIMP. Nearly the same as Adobe Photoshop but a few less tools and a different layout. The greatest thing? It's free. Just visit this website to download GIMP.

Edited by Allen B., 25 May 2009 - 01:50 PM.

...:::Allen:::...

I may be 13 but I've got a rare condition of the smarts.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadDawg

MadDawg

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

Yes, GIMP is an excellent program. It also shares many of Photoshop's shortcuts, which makes it easy to learn if you've used Photoshop.
A penguin broke my windows with a half-eaten apple!

#3 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:40 PM

Yes, GIMP is an excellent program. It also shares many of Photoshop's shortcuts, which makes it easy to learn if you've used Photoshop.

And it doesn't have a lot of the same shortcuts photoshop has. I get driven mad everytime I open up GIMP because I've gotten used to a few things now.

Overall, its an awesome program if you're just getting into photo editing.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#4 MadDawg

MadDawg

• Members
  • 453 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:55 PM

And it doesn't have a lot of the same shortcuts photoshop has.

Sorry, I didn't use a lot of the tools. My post was based of the menu shortcuts, as well as the brush resize and the zoom tool. However, the shortcuts are customizable, so they can be changed to something more comfortable.
A penguin broke my windows with a half-eaten apple!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users