Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spybot Search and Destroy Warning

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 La Princess

La Princess

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:18 PM

When I run Spybot Search and Destroy after every use. Everything has been fine until about a week ago (bad with time estimates) The pop up is:
A Yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it. It then reads "There were problems in the include FileC:Program FilesSpybot-Search_DestroyIncludesHijackers.SBI
See'Include Errors Log' for details."
Is this serious? Fingers and toes crossed. I don't know where the 'Include Errors Log' is'??? :thumbsup: Any help would/will be appreciated very very much.
Thank you very much,
La Princess ~Tammy~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:43 AM

You should be able to find that log in C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes. Just quick like, it sounds like a bad download of the definition (update) file.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 La Princess

La Princess
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:10 AM

I am going to just remove it and replace it. Can anyone tell me the /a place to get the latest version to download?
Thanks so much,
LA Princess ~Tammy~

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:46 PM

You can download the latest Definition file here. This download is an executable file that you open and it installs itself.

SpyBot-Search & Destroy 1.4 is the latest version of SpyBot itself and is available here. As of about a week ago (I'm bad with time estimates too :thumbsup: ) it was still a little buggy. That may have changed though.

Edited by Leurgy, 28 June 2005 - 12:47 PM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 igonuts2

igonuts2

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:55 PM

hi leurgy,

might ck w scarlett or panda re 1.4. as of the 27th 1.4 was still buggy fer me. i'd go w your pc world dl site & 1.3

trying to hep

respectfuly,
igo

Edited by igonuts2, 28 June 2005 - 07:56 PM.

Why work when you can play!

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2005 - 05:01 AM

Thanks for the reply igonuts2. I still have 1.3. I'm waiting for you guys to give the all clear. Hey, what can I say? I like it when I have some Guinea Pigs to do the Beta testing. :thumbsup:

#7 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:08 AM

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/news/2005-06-22.html

This explains the bugs in TeaTimer.

We will release an updated version as soon as we've fully tested some workarounds.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users