Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Use of WAVs in Multiplayer?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 User1715402

User1715402

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:26 AM

Firstly, let me appologize if this is posted incorrectly.
Next, appologies if this is discussed elsewhere on the forums.

I'm on Steam playing multiplayer games a fair amount the time. Sometimes I get on servers that are set up to play certain sounds when certain things happen. (ie: If PlayerA hits PlayerB in the <head> with <this> weapon then play SUCHANDSUCH.wav) Some are set up that if someone types a certain word (ie: LOL) a wav will play, and most admins have the capibility to play whatever they want using ADMINMAGIC.exe (I have no concept of that method, obviously)

Anyway, I always thought that kinda stuff was cool, so here's my question: You (PLAYERA) are capible of playing a wav or in some cases (micspaming) whole songs over voice, no? How does one go about doing that? Whats the method of getting it to where, if i hit prtscn, it plays my wav of George Carlin saying "BS" over voice where all the other players in the server can hear it? Don't worry, I'll use the knowledge for the forces of good.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated, be it links to how-tos or whatever.
Many thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

uhm..

if you have a direct input for your mic, you might be able to rig something where you can plug an ipod into it, and just hit play when you want it to... but that would take away you being able to use the mic otherwise.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 User1715402

User1715402
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:11 AM

I do thankee for the help, but I think folks been doing this longer than the ipods been around. It was kinda explained to me once, but this was years ago and involved esoteric in-game console commands and key-binding whatnot. None of which I ever attempted myself, at least not succesfully.

I'm hoping it's gotten easier, because I haven't gotten any smarter.

Threads starting off slower than I expected, mayhap I'm not explaining what I'm talking about very well...?
I don't search well; I don't really know what to look for.

#4 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

Eh, this isn't a very game dedicated forum.

They've probably bound a key to play it, but the only time I see it is usually when a game admin does it.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users