Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help about my video card fan

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 theinvulnerable

theinvulnerable

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:36 AM

Sometimes when I turn on the pc, the video card fan won't spin. But if u touch and spin it then well spin. I think I need to put something on it, maybe an oil or what? And I don't know what kind, what brand, or what name. My video card is NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS. I tried to blow the mid section of the fan but doesn't work. I need your advise to keep my fan spin always.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:55 AM

Do you maintain your computer well? This might be caused by accumulating dust on your fan. This is only one possibility. There might still be other possibilities.
Let's have a mental fusion!
Let us do our part to make this world a truly symbiotic place.

For other computer problems, this blog might be helpful:
http://cosmicsniper.blogspot.com

#3 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:09 AM

Instead of "sort of" fixing it save yourself some problems & fix it right.
Replace the fan.

If it's an older card treat yourself to a newer card.

If it's a fairly good card buy a aftermarket cooler.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:10 AM

It would be almost impossible to get the oil to the spot were it would do the most good without using too much
That would create another problem
You would need a real lightweight machine oil in a needle dispenser
Example:
http://www.amazon.com/Lubrication-Set-Prec...n/dp/B000DZFYYE
Depending on the fan, you can replace it if you're handy
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 theinvulnerable

theinvulnerable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:34 PM

@garmanma
The oil injecter is so expensive for me, i can't afford. Instead I can buy a new fan, but I dont know how to remove the connection between the fan and the video card so i don't know how to replace it either.

@fairjoeblue
I bought the card last december 2007, so i think not too old to replace it.
Please give me visual of that cooler because i am not familiar with that thing.

@cosmic_sniper05
Yea maybe its a dust/hair inside my video card fan but externally (i mean outside of the fan) it is clean, because i often clean it everyweek.

And one thing i notice since this year my video card gets hotter, even if the fan spin. But just the video card gets high temp, at idle the temp is around 64-66 degrees celsius and when gaming like dota, nba live and rohan online. The temp goes around 69-75 degrees celsius. Compared last year when the pc idle i got 57-60 C and on load it just 62-63 C. Is it just normal or not? We don't have airconditioned. And on daylight our weather so hot.

Thank you very much for your replies.

#6 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

Hi, I don't know where you're at so these may not be available from this site but here is an example of the aftermarket coolers I refered to,

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.as...ame=VGA-Cooling

Edited by fairjoeblue, 25 May 2009 - 07:48 PM.

OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users