Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network and firewall and 100% cpu loads

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 drjhook

drjhook

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:03 AM

I have been have several problems that seem to be related to my wireless connection.

problem are as listed

1 - when downloading from any website my download speed starts out at a rate of (depending on the site) of aprox. 300 to 600 kbs for around 2 minuets then drops to 0 for a long time. If i don't do anything and wait it well start again sometimes but sometimes the network will time out. If I reset my wireless adapter ( I have the option to turn of the radio and turn it back on). It will find my network before it times out and start downloading back at the high speed for a short time then I have to go back and reset the connection again. big pain in the ASS. I can look at the graph in task manger and it look like a sine wave at a freq. of about 10 cycs. a min before it drop to 0. This happens MOST of the time but there has been time that I can download 50 to 100 meg with out this problem showing up, but that us sew and far between.
2 - in task manger I have a Hi cpu load but can't find the program that is loading up the cpu.

can anyone help me find the problem I have hyjack and combofix and can upload logs if need be.

Help Me Please!!!!!!!
drjhook
XXXXXXXXXXX

(Moderator edit: E-mail address removed to prevent spambot harvesting and to protect Member privacy. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 25 May 2009 - 04:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:02 AM

What anti-virus program do you have ?
Do you have a "security suite" ?
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 drjhook

drjhook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:59 PM

I have had "MCAFEE FROM ATT MCAFEE FROM AOL NOD32 AND A FEW OTHERS (NOT RUNNING ALL AT ONCE) RIGHT NOW I HAVE Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware free and windows defender. My last full scan took 26 hours to run and found 30 virus. (1/2 were in system restore ) so far system seems to be clean of virus as Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware does not report any on a quick scan.
Dr J Hook
p.s. what is a good AV to have. as all infections have been while run an AV program and still got infected. I dont like norton or mcafee because they sloooooow down my system even more then now...

Edited by drjhook, 25 May 2009 - 04:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users