Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant find wireless card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zylpher

zylpher

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

Okay, this is getting a bit annoying. My friends computer HP pavillion dv2000 has been losing its wireless card, I have run updates on everything but the bios twice now and got it back, and he can connect, but every time he diconnects from the network it loses the wireless card again as in it cant find the card and it says it is no longer installed, when I go to the devices menu it is not there all that is shows in the network menu is the blue tooth stuff. There was a bios update noted on the HP website, but as this is not my computer I dont wanna do anything that can mes it up as I cant afford to replace it.

BTW it is running Vista I am not sure what version and I am not real good at Vista as I learned all I know on XP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zylpher

zylpher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

Well I flashed the Bios and it seems to b working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users