Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which program to choose??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 monika

monika

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:02 PM

Hi, I though I would try to make my own webpages with a help of some program as I am a complete novice in creating websites. The thing is that I would need to create not only design but also implement a form where each user inserts their data, which would create a profile for them and they could edit it themselves anytime. Also need to implement some video (upto 3 MB) and 1-5 photos upload into the profile. Would there be a program which would help me to do all this???

Thanks for all your suggestions and help.

Monika x

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:57 PM

There are quite a few topics already on the forum asking about which programs to use to web design.

I use Adobe Dreamweaver and Notepad myself.

The form you mentioned is quite advanced, but don't let this put you off. I dare say you will end up using some PHP (another language) and and database of some sort (probably mySQL).

Are you trying to make a mini social networking (dynamic) site? I dare say most of your site will be made using PHP.

Any half decent program should allow you to insert video and pictures into the pages, or are you looking for the users to be able to do this also?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#3 monika

monika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:54 AM

There are quite a few topics already on the forum asking about which programs to use to web design.

I use Adobe Dreamweaver and Notepad myself.

The form you mentioned is quite advanced, but don't let this put you off. I dare say you will end up using some PHP (another language) and and database of some sort (probably mySQL).

Are you trying to make a mini social networking (dynamic) site? I dare say most of your site will be made using PHP.

Any half decent program should allow you to insert video and pictures into the pages, or are you looking for the users to be able to do this also?

Hi...yes I need the user to be able to upload the images and video themselves and be able to edit their profile themselves anytime. It is meant to be a public database of people playing tennis... from the program descriptions I have seen it just seems like no program would be able to incorporate this in for me...as I have no knowledge of any programing languages whatsoever I really need something that could do these things...even if it couple of different programs which I could later put together like a puzzle????...thanks guys...xxx

Edited by monika, 25 May 2009 - 03:57 AM.

#4 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:00 AM

you will need PHP to do this, i don't know of any program that will code this for you.

you may try googling each individual peice and put it together that way.

I don't think there will be a "program" that will just "make" it for you, i suspect you may have to code it.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#5 Stofzuiger

Stofzuiger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:57 AM

If you dont have any experience on making websites, even programs like Adobe dreamweaver or MS Frontpage wont help you out that much. I suggest that you first learn the basics of HTML, as HTML is the basic of every website. Before you can start learning PHP (or any other language) you will first need to get the hang of HTML.

As i said before, web site Development programs wont help, if you have no idea of HTML (or PHP). Also from my experience with these programmes, there mainly focussed on the design of your website, not the Dynamic (PHP) part of it.

Now for the good part: once you are a bit known with how this all works (mainly getting the idea of HTML), google can help you out. There are tons of online templates (already build websites provided with it's source) that can help you out.
Example: google for "Login system template PHP" You see you find alot of premade code, which will suit your needs.

Edited by Stofzuiger, 25 May 2009 - 05:58 AM.

Every one goes fun fun fun

Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic bleepin'? ~Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank

#6 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:10 AM

DSTM reckons these are pretty useful. You may like to browse through them-

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=EdzJoh...os&start=20

Good luck

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure