Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer infected System Scurity and I cannot install MBAM

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 aichau

aichau

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:04 PM

My laptop computer infected SYSTEM SECURITY.

I have followed every step downloaded everything but it will not let any program run the screen will flicker and I see it for a second it will not even let task manager start the only thing I can access is the internet! I also tried to run a program from a CD it will not let it.

I have a same problem as user "loriehynne".
as on the link http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228833/i-am-infected-with-security-system-moved/

Thank you for xbllindex help.

I will try your advice and post the result over here

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aichau

aichau
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:28 PM

I have try to rename the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.
And I still cannot install it.

Can I reboot my computer as a safety mode and install and run this mbam-setp.exe?

Thank you

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:32 PM

What version of Windows are you running?

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#4 aichau

aichau
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:46 PM

What version of Windows are you running?

window xp home
dell laptop

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

Please print out and follow these instructions: "How to use SDFix". <- This program is for Windows 2000/XP ONLY.
When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
  • Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any real time protection programs before performing a scan.
  • When done, the SDFix report log will open in notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
  • If SDFix is unable to run after rebooting from Safe Mode, run SDFix in either Mode, and type F, then press Enter for it to finish the final stage and produce the report.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply.
  • Be sure to renable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.
-- If the computer has been infected with the VirusAlert! malware warning from the clock and the Start Menu icons or drives are not visible, open the SDFix folder, right-click on either the XP_VirusAlert_Repair.inf or W2K VirusAlert_Repair.inf (depending on your version of Windows) and select Install from the Context menu. Then reboot to apply the changes.

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#6 aichau

aichau
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:00 PM

rigle thank you for your help.

i am install SDFix and run to fix my computer but it don't find any problem than I install MBAM and run it as quick scan. it find 8 problem and fixed. Than i run it again by full scan, it find 14 more problem and fix it too. After that i run the superantispyware, it pick up a lot of problem and fix it too. now my computer is running normal.

However, I have a problem I don't understand, since the SDfix find no problem, but I can install MBAM after it.

Thank you

#7 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:46 PM

SDFix is a more advanced tool. It may have cleared out something that was keeping MBAM from running.

If you are fairly certain your computer is clean, let's finish with this step"

Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".
  • Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name, then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.
  • Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.
  • Go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
  • Click "Ok"
  • Disk Cleanup will scan your files for several minutes, then open.
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click the "Clean up" button under System Restore.
  • Click Ok. You will be prompted with "Are you sure you want to delete all but the most recent restore point?"
  • Click Yes, then click Ok.
  • Click Yes again when prompted with "Are you sure you want to perform these actions?"
  • Disk Cleanup will remove the files and close automatically.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users