Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CS4 Design Premium Installation stalls - WIN XP Home SP3

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 imnotechie

imnotechie

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:50 AM

Spent a bit of money to get Design Premium CS4 software.

I'm running WIN XP Home on a PC not Mac.

I have Dual screens, all in one printer attached, wacome pen tablet etc as of recently.

You would think you would be able to just insert DVD and click the Install creative suite software button and be done with it.
But it stalls while "Checking System Profile". From my research on the WWW.... it appears this is a wide spread issue and can take weeks to get help from Adobe.
Problem is I have 3 clients waiting for me to produce work for them, and one is a global company who I do not wish to loose!

I need to get up and running now, can anyone help?

I have been on Adobe, and have done a few things to try an fix the problem using some of their instructions, but I find their instructions so complicated and no explanation as to why I would be changing some .js script and what it will do etc.

PLEASE HELP someone, anyone! I would be forever in your debt!

Thank you so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 imnotechie

imnotechie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:50 AM

PROBLEM:
Adobe CS4 Design Premium DVD stalls at 90% on "Checking System Profile..."

SOLUTION:
1) Copy all DVD contents to your Hard Drive (in my case, I created a folder called c:/program files/Adobe/'Adobe DVD Contents')
2) Paste all contents from the DVD into that folder
3) Double-click on Setup.exe application file, in a few minutes the Serial number screen appears and you can take it from there.

So happy now!

Bye

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users