Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

any anti-spam software available

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sachin naik

sachin naik

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:37 AM

My outlook express is always filled with scams like lottery winnings, business proposals, love letters, and my avg free email scanner scans only for virus, it does not have any anti-spam protection

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:00 AM

You could try Mailwasher from

http://www.btinternet.com/~firststop/shortcuts/

scroll down to line 30B for a multi- email address version

Of interest, do you bounce any emails or do you reply to any telling them to unsubscribe you?

If you do so you are guaranteed to get bucket-loads more of the stuff;

With Mailwasher in your protection package all you do is run it and delete , via Mailwasher, any emails you get you do NOT want; it does not stop folks emailing you but you CAN control what emails you actually download to your computer ; it also has the facility to allow you to preview the emails too; however, it does NOT check your junk or spam folder on server; due to this I for one have deliberately disabled my spam protection so I see ALL e- mails that come to me; I can then decide what is and what is NOT spam; please do NOT be tempted to use the bounce facility as it merely confirms to the sender that you are real :thumbsup:

Try Mailwasher and see how you get on?

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:07 AM

You could try Thunderbird.
One of it's many features:

Cutting Out the Junk

Thunderbird's popular junk mail tools have been updated to stay ahead of spam. Each email you receive passes through Thunderbird's leading-edge junk mail filters. Each time you mark messages as spam, Thunderbird “learns” and improves its filtering so you can spend more time reading the mail that matters. Thunderbird can also use your mail provider's spam filters to keep junk mail out of your inbox.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 sachin naik

sachin naik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:40 PM

but is mailwasher a separate email client, becoz i dont wont to switch to some other client instead I want only a software which can attach itself to my email client, i.e. incredimail

#5 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:18 AM

but is mailwasher a separate email client, becoz i dont wont to switch to some other client instead I want only a software which can attach itself to my email client, i.e. incredimail

I have found this for you which I think you may find helpful reading

Mailwasher q/a
A small quote

MailWasher works directly with your email server, exactly like your email program does. But there is one important difference: you can tell MailWasher to delete a message at the server, without downloading it - or you can bounce an email back to the sender so that it looks as though your address is not valid.

MailWasher retrieves information about all the emails on the server. With that information (some of which is also processed by MailWasher) you can decide what to do with each individual email - download, delete, or bounce back.

If you check your account with MailWasher first, you can delete or bounce the emails you do not want. Then, when you use your email program, it downloads only the remaining emails, those that you want to read.

MailWasher can be thought of as a "first line of defence" which can weed out junk, large wasteful attachments, and potentially harmful viruses.

However, I do not recommend you bounce any emails , but merely delete , via this program,those you do NOT require

The version I have linked you to is a multiple email version;

I hope you find this information useful :thumbsup:

#6 Jazzgirl

Jazzgirl

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:48 AM

I have used Mailwasher for years. I like it because I can dump the emails that are spam or that I don't want and only download the ones I want. It saves a lot of time and annoyance.

#7 Buckmode

Buckmode

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:53 AM

I use Thunderbird and Spamato for Thunderbird. It takes Spamato a while to train itself but once it does it's very effective.

http://www.spamato.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users