Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TheSims3 Requirements.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pirateking1256

pirateking1256

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:58 PM

My computer have 1gb ram , GeForce Go7300 128MB graphic card and Intel core Duo Processor T5600 (1.83 GHz , MHz FSB , 2MB L2 cache).

The requirement to play thesims3 is >>>

FOR WINDOWS VISTA
Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
1.5 GB RAM
At least 6.5 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content
128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

I am using window vista.

So i can run the game without any problem? What should i upgrade? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:09 AM

The easiest way I've found to find out if you can run something is by going to Can You Run It. You will have to allow an install for the program to check your computer, then find the game from the list and have it check you out. Hopefully your game is on the list, I've run into a couple of games that were not on it.. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:41 AM

You'll probably be able to play it, but it may not run very smooth. Your processor should actually be good enough to run the game decently, but the graphics card, and the amount of ram you have is lacking. If you do try running the game, it will help to close any background applications to free up more ram. You'll probably experience jitters in the game due to a lack of ram also, and you may need to lower the graphic detail settings.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

Well here's something:

Windows Vista Service Pack 2
Pentium D 2.8Ghz (Dual Core)
3GB Ram
512mb ATI Radeon Graphics with Pixel Shader 2.0

Sims 3 runs like crap, slow, sluggish and even keeps having pauses every 30 seconds.

On my iMac (June 2008)

Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz
4GB Ram
256mb ATi Radeon HD Pro Graphics

It runs far better and pleasant.

#5 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 AM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:45 AM

Well here's something:

Windows Vista Service Pack 2
Pentium D 2.8Ghz (Dual Core)
3GB Ram
512mb ATI Radeon Graphics with Pixel Shader 2.0

Sims 3 runs like crap, slow, sluggish and even keeps having pauses every 30 seconds.

On my iMac (June 2008)

Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz
4GB Ram
256mb ATi Radeon HD Pro Graphics

It runs far better and pleasant.

update the game and update all drivers
and you sure you havent got something like antialasing on or some thing ?

and pirateking1256
since its a ea game you probloy will have to get more memory

#6 binini

binini

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:33 PM

•2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
•1.5 GB RAM
•128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
•Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1
•At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games

first things first you will have to upgrade your ram if you say the make and model i can find a suitable and well priced upgrade.
if you want optimal graphic performance you may want to consider an upgrade however this can be expensive so i would suggest going on settings on sims three and making the quality low this will effect the looks but will help to prevent the game running slow.
if you don't already you can download windows vista service pack from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...12-a5c3199ea2b3
i don't know how much space you have on your hard rive but you would need at least 10gb free to prevent from computer running slow and also if you want the good custom content it will take up a lot more then one maybe even 5gb

after you do all these you should be able to run the game with little lag or crashes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users