Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Security 2009

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kingkoor

kingkoor

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:09 PM

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for any help. I am typing on my un-infected laptop. My computer is infected, desktop screen is changed and I cant open a thing in regular boot mode. Immediately the fake scanner pops up which leads into other pop ups. The desktop is changed to the big scary warning you are in danger message. Again I cant open a single thing, I spent like 6-7 hours trying to get this removed but no luck, in regular mode I have tried renaming files for mbam and super anti, tried renaming from exe to bat, com and others with no luck. Hijack wont open so I cant make a log. I booted into safe mode many times and tried full and quick scans with malwarebytes, super anti. It finds stuff and deletes but on reboot every time it's back instantly. I tried that smitfraudfix which also worked at first but within literally a few seconds the desktop had changed and the scanner was running. This is so so so frustrating and I dont know what else to do, in safe mode I cant get any internet connection. I tried safe mode with networking but couldnt get online either. So yeah as of right now my computer is completely inoperable right now, this is some nasty infection as I have never had this much trouble trying to get rid of something like this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kingkoor

kingkoor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:11 AM

Running windows XP, still cant use my computer at all, anyone got any ideas or help for me. I can put files on a disc and transfer them to the infected computer in safe mode if need be. Please please please help me, I'm at the point where I feel like I may need to get a new tower or something.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:47 PM

I've sent you a PM
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users