Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iexplore.exe running twice

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 pazyamor

pazyamor

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:30 PM

hi, iexplore.exe running twice in task manager (once i caught it running about 4 times)
have avg 8.5 free and spybot (teetimer turned off - it takes 90,000k in task manager maybe you can help me with that too!!)
ran f-secure online scan and panda online scan didnt come up with anything

EDIT: Removed log - not the correct forum

Edited by garmanma, 23 May 2009 - 03:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Spectro

Spectro

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:06 PM

It's probably nothing. If you open up Internet Explorer (iexplore.exe) once it's already open, it can start a new process.

#3 Stofzuiger

Stofzuiger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

And, there are certain games and programs that use iexplore.exe, even Windows may do it. Though please do not include an HJT log, these are for when you think you are infected. If you think you are infected, please start an new topic in the "Am I infected, what do I do?" section of this forum.

Every one goes fun fun fun

Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic bleepin'? ~Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank

#4 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

Hi pazyamor,

I would if I were you follow the advice given to you here.

I'll close this topic to avoid any confusion, if you chose not to follow up the HJT log guidelines given to you, please feel free to let me or any other mod know via pm we will reopen this topic.

Regards,

The weatherman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users